All you rich farangs

Hello all you stinking rich farangs and doctors!

Always travelling on low budgets I aim at the lower end of the accommodation market.

1500 per night is NOT an option for me. I am looking for a cheap, air cooled apartment in the Lad Plao area with a monthly rent at about 5.000 THB.

Any tips?

Thanx

Dryson

cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Dry Son:

Hello all you stinking rich farangs and doctors!

Always travelling on low budgets I aim at the lower end of the accommodation market.

1500 per night is NOT an option for me. I am looking for a cheap, air cooled apartment in the Lad Plao area with a monthly rent at about 5.000 THB.

Any tips?

Thanx

Dryson

cool.gif" border="0

Why don't you ask some of the BGs where they stay? I think that is about what they pay. Who knows, perhaps you can share a room with one of the lovelies!

I think you will find that the majority of bargirls will stay in a place thats aboiut 2500 baht per month AND they will share withe 2 or 3 others. For 5000 baht you can get a reasonable place. Try Sailom apartments on Soi Sailom, (Paholyothin Soi 8) on the same side as villa supermarket and with an internet cafe in the ground floor..I have a few friends staying there and i would say it is one of the better places in that price range. Its also handy for the skytrain.

[ May 21, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

Thanx guys,

Input much appreciated. I'll definately be looking into the Silpom apartments.. Vicinity to the Sky Train is pure gold!

Dry Son

quote:

Originally posted by spirit_of_town_hall:

When you rent an apartment in BKK, do you have to give a months bond/deposit. Also do you have to have a work permit to rent an apartment.

Thanks

No work permit required but you will be asked for a deposit of from 1 to 3 months rent (this was my experience in looking for a lease term of 1 year). The norm is 1 month rent as deposit. If they ask for three months (rarely)it can be negotiated downward unless they really are not interested in renting to you (or so I have been told).

Also, rents are apparently still highly negotiable. I was told to expect a discount of 10-35% off of the initial asking price. I got a one year lease at about 30% off the market asking price. One other thing that suprised me was the landlord did not ask for copy of my passport or anything else to identify me. However, I had been referred by a mutual friend so I guess that was why no need to id.

[ May 28, 2001: Message edited by: gene1944 ]

Archived