Measles, Mumps and Rubella Vaccine (MMR)

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

This might belong in Health but I think fits here too....Those with young children did you give them the triple Measles, Mumps and Rubella Vaccine (MMR)??--In the UK there are many parents not letting their children have this vaccine because of the fear of autism and other health issues. I think its a load of hysteria and I had no issue having my girl have this vaccine. Is this just a UK panic attack? :dunno:

I would tend to agree with you, and my son was given the MMR jab here in Thailand. However it is your kids health and I can understand the concern some people may have.

Hi Phil,

Never heard of this one, let alone the possible paranoia about it.

Please enlighten me!

Our baby is getting every few months some shots, but I'm not always sure what they're for, they're just the regular shots that every baby gets here.

We didn't miss out on one.

My kids got the MMR vaccinations. I wasn't aware of any problems associated with it.

BTW parents living in Thailand should keep an official record of all vaccinations. If you ever enter your kids in school in another country you'll need it. My kids received the same vaccinations required for school in the US while in Thailand.

Hi phil,

The article mentions that children receive around the 13th month of their young lives.

Our baby is 9 months now and doesn't have to go back for a vaccination untill she's 18 months old, so may it be that Thailand doesn;t have this vaccination?

I'll check it out.

Thanks for the posts on this, mate!

You should try to get these put into the 'Yellow Book' international certificates of immunizations. Would think these are available at the big international hospitals.

Archived