Apartment hotel nr Soi Cowboy? Best Net Con?

jigger

May have been the Jasmine Suites on Soi 23. Quite a bit more expensive than the GP though. I don't know if there's any extra charge for the DSL. They have a website: www.jasminecity.com .

They offer corporate rates that are lower than those on the website. These are supposed to have expired yesterday, but I was quoted the same rates for next week, which will be my first time staying there.

Apartment Type Daily Rate Weekly Rate Monthly Rate Yearly Rate

Superior Studio 34 sqm. Baht 2,200.00 Baht 14,000.00 Baht 43,000.00 Baht 38,000.00

Deluxe Studio 40 sqm. Baht 2,500.00 Baht 16,100.00 Baht 48,000.00 Baht 43,000.00

Superior 1 BR Suite 58 sqm. Baht 3,000.00 Baht 19,600.00 Baht 61,000.00 Baht 54,000.00

Deluxe 1 BR Suite 68 sqm. Baht 3,400.00 Baht 22,400.00 Baht 65,000.00 Baht 58,000.00

Deluxe 2 BR Suite 108 sqm. Baht 5,000.00 Baht 33,600.00 Baht 90,000.00 Baht 82,000.00

I stayed at JS sept for a week in a deluxe studio and paid 16.100 baht inc. I still don't underatand what people see in places like this, I would rather stay in a hotel any day. The location of course could not be better and they have stereo/vcd players. why would anyone want a kitchen though, unless a long term stayer. Hope you don't have leprosy as the sign by the pool says not allowed to use it!-peter

You might also want to search for an older post from USVirgin (there an e-mail-contact is given). Afair, the Nanapongers negotiated a slightly better rate than the rate posted on their site and I got offered this rate by following the instructions given by USVirgin. I once checked their rooms and imo they are definitely ok (I have read only one negative post about this place so far).

Good luck!

I'm booked for another month stay at JS in January and the Corp rates were still good. There is a charge for the hi-speed Internet, according to my receipt it was 2,140 Bht for the month.

The 1st couple of days the "out of Thailand" DNS was off-n-on (in country sites no problem) however this turned out to be a problem with their ISP the rest of the time it was great.

I booked 58 sqm 1 bdrm, the layout of which I like better than the more expensive larger 1 bdrm (saw same opinion from another poster in the past as well).

Several weeks back I wrote up a good sized review on Jasmine Sutes in this section with "Jasmine Suites" in the title which you can find using the Search feature (don't know if there's a way to insert a "link" to it).

Hi BF77,

I went through my conversation with jasmine again this morning and the prices quoted included the internet-service. How did I get it? Dunno, may be I asked for the price including high-speed-internet. If already booked, may be ask for "confirmation, that everything is included, i.e. internet etc.".

I hope, this helps.

Peter,

Yes you got a real good deal somehow. They did confirm that my 'Corporate rate' has no svc charges, etc added so I'm happy enough with that. Much as I used to like GP it is nice not to be nickel-and-dimed to death.

One thing that IS expensive there is their "express laundry" service. Guess I didn't pay that close attention 1st time I sent laundry off, got bill with clothes that night: over 3,500 baht (!!!). Well I quickly learned to 'manage my dirty clothes' by submitting them via the 2 or 3 day return at a fraction of the cost the rest of my stay...

By the way thanks for putting in that link for Tigger.

Archived