Phuket in July ??

In July I have reserved a room at the Kata Center Inn, a hotel that I have stayed at before in January but which has no swimming pool. I just have a few queries which maybe someone can help with:-

1. I am aware that the beaches at Kata and Karon are extremely dangerous for swimming at this time of year.Is this also the case at Patong beach ?

2.Will it be possible to pay to use a neighbouring hotel's pool ?

3.If I have to move can anyone recommend a budget, guest friendly hotel with pool in Patong ?

4. Are the police still enforcing the 2am shutdown of bars in Phuket ?

Any help welcome.

WL,

Since Twoluckyone already partially replied I'll fill in the rest.

1. already answered

2. yes, usually for a fee.

3. Orchid Residence, or the Expat

4. already answered

Many of the major hotels will let outsiders use their pool, particularly in the low season when extra revenue is always good.

There are beaches where you can go swimming, but you really have to know what you are doing. I used to swim at Nai Harn beach throughout the rainy season. Then again I was teaching diving and a very strong swimmer. Plus my friend Tom, who had spent a lot of time there, pointed out the rip current areas.

The biggest problem with swimming in the rainy season are rip currents and over-reacting to them. They are actaully fairly easy to get out of if you don't panic.

I'm not sure exactly what your budget is so I just gave two that have no problem with guests and have pools. There are lots of places in Patong that are guest friendly, as a matter of fact most are. You will have your run of the place at that time of year.

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: Brink15 ]

[ May 29, 2001: Message edited by: Brink15 ]

Archived