Phuket Hotels

Alright, I need to tap into the vast knowledge that NANAPLAZA board members have. Need some info on hotels in Patong that are 1) somewhat near the action and 2) reasonably priced (BT1500 range). Trying to get over there later this year for the second time and wanted to see if anyone has stayed at a place that they really liked. I stayed at the BANTHAI Hotel last time on Thaweewong Rd. down the road from the Banana Disco which wasn't bad, but I'm sure there are better places out there. So if you have some info (or just want to get to the newbie-busting 30th post) let me hear from you.

I stayed at the Phairin Beach Hotel in April and really liked it. The place is a bit further from the night life than most sanukers' favourites (it in the southern end of Beach Road about 100 metres past where all the traffic turns inland, a 10 minute stroll to Soi Bangla) but I really liked it. Definitely *guest friendly* and also accomodating to late risers, they are quite happy serving you and your friend breakfast at noon. In low season you should be able to get a room for around your budget figure, but in high season they are a bit on the expensive side. No pool, but the beach is 25 metres from the entrance.

---------------------

gromit.

• 1 month later...

The C&N hotel is perfect if you wanna be really near the action, and the rooms are good. BUT ask for a room on the left side, because I had big problems sleeping before 6 in the morning beacasu of the new disco on the right side!

I wanna recommend a small guesthouse north of the action, about 13 minutes walk (or 40 Baht with a mc-taxi). The name is Seven seas guesthouse. I payed 800. The room are wery good and silent. The staff (a family) is VERY nice.

Archived