Grand President Sukhumvit Soi 11

Tower 3 is where to be. I would stay here again. The rooms are bright and clean, but may be a little small for some as a studio. It's set up as a studio apartment with a sink, fridge, microwave, hot plate, dishes, etc. There's a full size bath. Mirrors and storage everywhere. A room safe, TV, VCR, stereo, alarm clock. A pool on the roof...yes, I did go swimming in the pool, but I have to admit that I was the only one. And as I looked across to Tower 1, there were no one using that pool either. =)

A card key is given rather than a standard room key so you don't have to constantly check in/out with the lobby. There's a security guard in the lobby of Tower 3, but they never bother you or your guest when going to your room. There is a restaurant on the ground floor. I never ate dinner there, but breakfast was included with my daily rate, and so I ate breakfast. The breakfast buffet is okay. I think that the breakfast buffet at the Nana Hotel is still the best in my book.

For 1,350 Baht per night, it's cost a little more than most other hotels in Sukhumvit, but I think the quality of the room, the service, and the convenience are great. It's a 100 yards to the corner of Sukhumvit, and a short walk through the parking lot behind Tower 3 to the food court and beer garden on Soi 7.

I recommend the Grand President, Tower 3, to all my friends. Don't take any of the taxi's parked outside the hotel. I think their meters are broken. The meters run twice as fast as taxi's passing by. Tuk tuk's cost the same as taxi's but doesn't come with A/C. I recommend taking a passing taxi or the Skytrain located on the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 11.

quote:

Originally posted by db_sez_aloha:

RT, do you know if all rooms in Tower 3 are the same size? If not, what was the name/style of room you got for Bt.1350?

Last, did you get this as a walk-in rate, book direct or through another company?

db

The rooms in Tower 3 appear to all be the same size. I've gotten off on the wrong floors at times and looked into room that where being cleaned. They all looked like mine. The rooms are called Topaz Studios.

http://www.presidentpark.com/grand.html

I booked my reservation online directly with the hotel rather than an online agency. The rates posted on their page does not reflect the current exchange rate. For 5% more, you can charge on your credit card. If you want daily breakfast, make sure you request it. It's 30 baht less if you don't want breakfast.

I have stayed at GP and echo the positive response of so many who recommended it on the old board. I did, however, get a strange response from asia travel when trying to book again recently. I am being asked to pay the higher rate (2 nights 3700) for the first two nights. I am also being asked to fax my credit card to a third party (asia travel) Do either of these things seem normal to you regulars out there? How can I contact them directly in the future? I have only bookmarked the site and did not save old emails.

Mahalo

US Virgin:

Thank you for the email address.

After contacting them directly I was able to avoid the package rate. They told me the "regular" rate was 1350 a night or 9030 a week. Breakfast for one and nothing else included. Thats just fine with me.

Aloha

I tried the Hotel Massage back in Sept... Fantastic looking 19 year old who wanted 4K Baht for "Full Service"... Finally ended up paying too much at 2K for about an hour and half of Enjoyment... Paid too much, but worked for me at the time and because of the situation... Might try it again it in need of early afternoon, very convienent, satisfaction...

Pianoman

Archived