Phuket Nightlife

Raven

I need some basic info on the Phuket nightlife scene. As far as I know, Patong has 80+% of the action. A few beer bars in Karon, some action in Phuket Town, and a few beer bars scattered in Kata and Kamela.

I am headed down with a friend who knows little about the Patong scene and would be shocked to see it. I will stay over a few days after she returns to BKK. I would prefer not to change hotels, and I do not want to stay in Patong when I am with my friend. Any ideas?

Just got back from Patong. Don't know that it is all that shocking. If your friend realizes there is a lot of P4P in Thailand, the most blatant thing about Soi Bangla is the open air katoey show. The go gos are covered, although with the possible exception of Rock Hard, I don't know why you would go into one of them with female company--you did see it however. Some nice non-P4P venues like Scruffy Murphys. Saw plenty of farang couples of all ages and a fair number of children. Other areas are much less congested and probably nicer for the beach experience--have to leave knowledgeable comments on those to others.

Give me more information as to what you want and price range. Also do you plan to fly to phuket? I recco either Kata Noi, Kamela, or the area around the Banyon tree, Dunsit sheraton etc... for the higher end experience. I believe there are bungalows on the right of the road going through Kamela that look out over the ocean from the cliffs before the road falls to the bay for 1400 bht. The Holiday inn in Patong is a nice place for around 70 us with a good bar, pool and out-door restaurant. Patong on the beach roads aren't broadcasting the P$P scene in the back soi...easy to miss. Down on Kata Noi south of club med is a great beach if you like to surf or walk in the sand.

With a little money to spend...stay at one of the 5 or so hotels around the Banyon tree at the very high end of 2500$ to the the lower of 75$ at the ( I forget it starts with a K) do a little research. I stayed at the Sheraton once and about a year ago I took a BG from pattaya to the (K) place for 3,990 baht for a 1BR suite. Had lobster on the beach with music and candles and made love in the pool. Stayed for 3 days. The area is pretty nice from 3.5 to 5 stars...when staying in the compound of the hotels you can use several of the pools, gyms, restuarants, amenities of several of the other hotels. There is a boat and van/cart to move you all around the lagoon and resorts.

SB

Archived