Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza?

Stayed there about two years ago as part of a flight/hotel package. Guest unfriendly and BG's felt uncomfortable with the front desk. If you like to stay in the upper hotels the Marriott on Sukhumvit is guest friendly if you are discrete. mad.gif" border="0

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Crown Plaza on my first trip to Bangkok several years back. I do agree that it was definitely not guest friendly. In addition to that, they charged me for my overnight guest. So, what I am trying to say is - do not stay at this hotel if you are planning on doing some serious overnight sannuking.

If you want a good hotel at about the same quality level, I would suggest staying at the JW Marriott on Sukumvit Rd. They (the hotel employees) don't even look twice when you bring a friend back for the evening, and there are no additional charges for your guest.

Good luck,

Californio

This may be a bit late, bit here is my input on the Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza.

Stayed there in september 2000 for 5 nights, and agree that it is not particularly friendly to overnight guests. My first night there, I headed straight for the lift with "friend" of course. Suddenly, from every corner of the vast lobby, security men appeared and guided me to the front desk, where they relieved me of the 1000 baht joiner fee.

Basically, this is not a great hotel if your reasons for visiting are sanuk.

JW Marriott rules the roost as far as higher quality guest-friendly hotels go.

Cheers

Archived