Changing Euros ?

At the moment i am preparing my trip to LOS.

Now the problem: What is better, changing the Euros here already into Dollars, and bring Dollars with me to LOS, or to take the Euros there.

Maybe somebody can tell me the recent exchange rates for Euros and Dollars of the money changers on Sukhumvit Rd.

Then, with the help of the official exchange rates on Yahoo i can do my own maths to get a desicion.

BTW: Where are the best money changers on Sukkumvite RD?

Why pay double the price for an exchange? Unless you are expecting major changes in the fx-rate, there is imo no reason to chage EUR into USD and then change USD into THB again. EUR are widely accepted in LOS and afaik you will not have a disadvantage when bringing EUR. For the rates, may be check a local (Thai) bank-web-site or send them an e-mail?

Here's Bangkok Bank's rates -

http://www.bbl.co.th/Bangkok+Bank/Web+Services/Rates/FX+Rates.htm

Just bring your Euros and change them at a bank or money changer. The money changers are everywhere. When you compare a few you'll realise there is f*k all difference between 'em and it's not worth wasting drinking or shagging time on the measly few baht difference :)

Cheers,

Grumpy

Thanx, Peter and Grumpy!

With the link to the Bangkok Bank "over the counter" exchange rate for Euros and US$ , compared with the "theoretical" value ( http://finance.yahoo.com/m5?a=1&s=USD&t=THB ) my little maths shows me that the US$ is preferred by 0,21% against the Euro rates. This ratio is indeed too small to do all the action of changing Euros to US$ and loosing again about 2,5% for the exchange commision here.

Fazit: I'll bring Euros to LOS.

(This calculation looks a little different for the Philippines! Here you often have a chance to safe some money by first changing the Euros into US$'s !!!)

Archived