A good gym in koh samui?

MaiLuk

Planning my first trip to Samui, while there would like to add some good workouts to my usual drinking bouts that i experience during my forays into los.

Anyone know of any places to workout on chaweng or lamai? Hell anywhere on the island might work. Looking for freeweights and machines.

MaiLuk

Hi MaiLuk,

There's a few in Chaweng, above the Seaquest restaurant in Chaweng, open air, good feats.

My fave is in Central Beach Hotel, but this one is a bit more expensive.

In Chaweng probably Seaquest is your easiest/most convenient bet.

In Lamai I don't know anything in this direction.

Have fun and PM me, maybe we can hook up for a beer or two. When will you be in Samui?

Thanks Limbo, ran a search using your info and found the Neptune Club above Seaquest: http://www.siamspaguide.com/neptune.html

has a gym, massage and jacuzzi. 370 baht for an all day pass which includes one 'energetic'? massage. I have the gf working out nowadays, i think she and i will enjoy this.

Cannot tell from the site how extensive their free weight collection is.

Central Samui Beach Resort: rooms start at 5000baht, i'm a 1000baht or less person. They probably let non-guests work out there but don't know what the charge is.

Will be there in a couple of months, will PM you for sure.

Hi ML,

There's another one on the ring road, Chaweng area, World Gym, if you take the road passing by Laem Din market from Chaweng, on your left reaching the ring road. not as centrally located as Neptune.

Central Beach gym isn't cheap.

I know a few folks that used Neptune and they're satisfied with it, they have all kind of various tickets, so you can sort out the best deal for you.

Catch ya later.

Says MaiLuk:

Planning my first trip to Samui, while there would like to add some good workouts to my usual drinking bouts that i experience during my forays into los.

Anyone know of any places to workout on chaweng or lamai? Hell anywhere on the island might work. Looking for freeweights and machines.

MaiLuk

Workouts available in both Chaweng and Lamai, from Bt500 upwards, depending upon time.

Freeweights ? Easy to pick up, yes. Free, not likely !

• 2 months later...

Hi Limbo:

Trying to figure out where on chaweng the seaquest is located, plan on getting a room very close by so i won't have excuses to miss a workout.

I found a map here that shows hotel locations, can you tell me which hotels or landmarks are nearby that a driver will know?

2nd question: any clean hotel on the beach road in the 600 to 1200 baht range is OK with me, are these hotels full or can i just walk in and get a room? (arrive in 10 days)

Thanks in advance for being the samui man on the scene :up:

Hi Mailuk,

Seaquest is opposite the Kwan Jai Spa.

You should be able to just walk in and get a room without too many problems.

Baan Chaweng may be a good one, although almost everything is in walking distance, this one is smack 'downtown'

and in your range I think.

Chaweng Buri is very nice as well, but may be over your budget.

Plenty of places in the 1.000-1.200Baht range in Chaweng and if you walk in, always haggle a bit over the price, may save you a few baht.

I forgot to mention that I work for a dive shop on Samui, so if you want to work out for free, be at the pier at about 7 to 7:15am and you can carry our tanks on the boat. How about that ;)

If you're into diving, come and see us at the dive shop just below Kwan Jai Spa on the map.

How long are you gonna stay? Maybe we can have beer together :beer:

MaiLuk

The Kwan Jai Spa is next to the Neptune Gym at Seaquest.

The nearest accommodation to the Neptune Gym is Royal Beach

Pics and contact

The main nightlife area is between the Moby Dick Guesthouse and Lek Supermarket on the map.

Bear in mind that Neptune have a range of longer term passes. ie One week or a ten times pass which offer much better value. This includes Muay Thai classes. I am not sure if the massage is still available.

Archived