to bangkok then pattaya

I will be arriving at bkk airport 12pm Tuesday, and would like to go to somewhere quite lively in Bangkok for the first few days and then move on to Pattaya. My last visit I was taken straight to Pattaya totally bypassing BKK so I have no idea of where exactly would be a good place to stay in BKK and how I could get there or how long it will take. Any suggestgions for making my way there or reccomendations where to stay would be greatly appreciated. Any info on the bus service to Pattaya would also be appreciated. Thanks crazy.gif" border="0

As a newbie, I would stay at the Nana Hotel on Sukhumvitt Soi 4. See http://www.nanahotel.co.th/html/

You can take the airport bus A3 there for 100 baht. The bus stand is just outside the terminal exit right by the taxi stand.

You can take a minibus to Pattaya for 200 baht. Arrange for this at the travel agency in Nana Hotel's lobby. The minibus picks you up at the hotel and takes you to a place where you transfer to a big bus. In Pattaya, the will take you in a minibus directly to your hotel for no extra charge. The trip takes about 2 hours.

You can also take the skytrain from the Nana station to the Ekkamai station for 20 baht which is within walking distance of the Ekkamai bus station. You then take an aircon bus to Pattaya for 90 baht, then a baht bus to your hotel for another 20 baht. This takes about the same amount of time.

Hi Turtle,

I've stayed at the Nana and hated it. I found the rooms old, dirty and noisy.

But the location is great.

If I were you I would get a taxi outside the airport and ask the girl in the booth to write down Tai Pan hotel and then show it to the taxi driver.

The Tai-Pan is a nice hotel, good rooms and quiet. I like to party but I also value a good nights sleep which sometimes seems a bit hard to come by and boy do you need it after that flight.

The Tai-Pan is 3 minutes walk from Soi Cowboy, 20 minutes walk or 10 minutes in a taxi from Nana Plaza.

They have a web site here

This is just my preference and for everyone who dislike the Nana you will find one who loves it and stays there every trip.

But I've used the Tai-Pan a number of times and always been happy.

In fact you sound like me, the first 6 trips to Thailand I went straight to Pattaya and never ventured into Bangkok. Now I like a day or maybe 2 in Bangers and then I head for Pattaya.

Have a great trip!

Archived