THE DIALOGUES TOWARDS A CULTURE OF PEACE

whosyourdaddy

For those of you that are extremely bored with bar girl talk and sitting around talking about football, there are some excellent keynote speakers in Bangkok over the next coming weeks.

I had the privilege of being invited to one today at Chula University. Most of the guest lectures are Nobel Laureate and some of the greatest minds of our time. I will definitely be going to Sir Joseph Rotblat who worked on the Manhattan project and is a recipient of the Nobel peace prize and also

Ramos-Horta ?The Unipolar World ? Can the US lead?? Other very interesting speakers would be the previous President of Kashmir and Reverend Jesse L. Jackson (missed it)

Since most events are attended by the royal family it would be wise to show up at least an hour early since you will not be allowed in once the royals have arrived. The bkk public lectures are being held at Chula's main auditorium off of Henri Durant Rd.

Here is a list of the dates and other information http://www.tatnews.org/others/1990.asp

Guest lazyphil

I've been bored of the bar scene for a long time--moved on but look back with lots of affection--however, living where I do I have a huge wealth of arts and culture on my doorstep--I'm going here on one of my up coming days off--also I saw Stephen Hawkins (in his electric wheel chair :D) twice this summer whilst I was drinking in grad pubs by the river but I was too pissed up ( :drunk:) to start and conversations on the universe and such heavy topics--next time maybe--also might take the mrs here one day soon--I've been here a few times--very interesting but I think she'd find it boring--she is more interested in architecture and mountain scenery which came to my attention when we toured Austria and Italy in the summer--most impressed she was too :up:--your lectures sound interesting--come back and tell us how you get on please :up:

Guest lazyphil

<<I've been bored of the bar scene for a long time--moved on but look back with lots of affection>>

<<::>>

I enjoyed those days in bars alot--particularly in Patong beach--but after 6 months drinking in a bar nearly night after night like I/we did it does get tedious after a while--dont get me wrong I remember the feeling I had before on return trips to LOS/bars but I'm just saying its a bit boring--not disapproving or lauding over the scene its just a personal feeling--I'll never be bored of LOS though--remember your swan song is looming--I hope you feel bored of it or you'll have problems six months after the trip if you get the urge to be in Pattaya or Patong :neener::grinyes::neener::grinyes::neener:

Archived