KL/Malaysian vs Singapore

Redbaron

Hi guys,

For my next trip, I am considering flying either Malaysian, or Singapore airlines. Also a stopover in KL or Singapore on the way home (depending on the airline)... Anyone care to help me make the choice? The price difference is negligible, and I've never been to either KL or Singapore... Which one's are better?

Cheers

Hi guys,

For my next trip, I am considering flying either Malaysian, or Singapore airlines. Also a stopover in KL or Singapore on the way home (depending on the airline)... Anyone care to help me make the choice? The price difference is negligible, and I've never been to either KL or Singapore... Which one's are better?

Cheers

Hi Red

Bkk right?

SQ best way to go..imo

Why thinking via KL? longer way.

Singapore is a great stopover...shopping,sanuk,things to see and do...Zoo day or night ..the island by sky chair...wonderfull views...al the star cruise ships come and go..Virgo,gemini etc.

I went via KL twice (no choice..agents trip) nearly two hours in the transit lounge :doah:

Go SQ you will enjoy ::

Tb,

Why KL? Singapore? Same reason.. cheap flights. I had assumed Singapore would be a better airline, but didn't know anyone who had flown Malaysian.

Bkk right?

yeah! Where else is there!?!?

Was leaning towards Singapore, I'm assuming there's a bit of WWII stuff to see there (I'm into that kinda stuff believe it or not). The missus could be coming too, but I doubt it, that's why I'd go on my way home, rather that there.. that way no fishy smell on my knob when we meet in Bangers!

Funny, before I came to my senses I almost married a farang bird, and our honeymoon was going to be in KL... for the inaugural F1 GP in 2000 (I think)

Cheers

Malaysian Airlines have 3" more legroom in coach if thats important to you (34 v 31" on SQ) and all SQ flights have the little personal TV's whereas only some MAS flights have them. That aside, service on both IMHO is great. SQ generally have the better connections as well which may be important.

As for cities, KL is about 80km's from the airport but there is a neat train that takes you into town in about 40minutes. KL itself is a nice enough city but nothing really memorable and if your thinking about shopping, dont bother with anything imported - taxes are way high.

Singapore is easier to get downtown and far more compact. Shopping is great and generally cheaper than Aus. Tourist attractions all run like clockwork (bit like Singapore really).

Both cities are worth seeing but I would probably edge towards Singapore due to flights (unless your really tall) and more of a wow experience of seeing somewhere that was swampland 40 odd years ago and is now one of the richest countries in the world.

Cheers

Thanks Steve,

Yes, the connection time is a lot shorter in Singapore (for the BKK flight). I like the individual TV idea too, got that on Thai business a few years back, great idea. legroom doesn't matter to me as I'm a short stuff.

I'll do a bit of reasearch soon regarding what there is to see, and what's to my tastes.. but Singapore's looking better all the time. (The girls are better looking too from my limited experiences down under)

Cheers

Hi

Go to Sentosa island....great WW11 stuff to see..gun inplacements etc...wax museum.. of the surender..both times!!! so real is very much worth a look(i am into this stuff) went to caan muesum in normandy...another time and thread....oh my ..good things to see and do..the guy at Omah muesum gave me an original clicker..or so he said.

I have a very funny story about my time/visit to Caan and a hire car.

REd...have a look at singapore well worth a look...food/sights/shopping etc....KL not so good ..again IMO

• 3 weeks later...

Archived