Scamming the Email Scammers

carew66

Seems like a new sport...

I think we've all had those offers from distressed African millionnaires offering untold riches if we opened an account for them in our own country. I know the subjetc has come up here in the past, indeed Spirit of Town Hall had a penfriend in Lagos about a year ago.

Well, there are a few sites on the 'net dedicated to baiting these arseholes.

Check out this series of correspondence between Doctor Abed Solomon and the rather witty 'Zachary Beane'.

Scamming the scammer

I loved this one, sent back to the original scammer from his 'victim'

Dr. Solomon.

The short nature of your last email has made me wonder if I have offended you. Please be assured that I do not wish to give offense. I am just trying to help you with your situation. If you are angry at me, it is not my fault. Let me tell you a story. Once when I was young, I wanted a pony for Christmas. I live in America now, but at the time I lived in Canada. As you know Canada is very cold, and horses do not survive very well. It is a big responsibility to have a pony. You have to go out every day, sometimes many times a day, to brush the ice from its hair, and put on new woolen socks to keep its hoofs from turning into gelatin from the cold. Also it requires food but curiously enough, it does not need water (ponies can absorb water through their manes). At any rate, I could never convince my father that I had the sense of responsibility to care for a pony.

Have I angered you, Dr. Solomon? I truly hope not. I just want to convince you that I am responsible enough to care for this transaction, to our great mutual benefit. Please reply and let me know your feelings on the matter.

Zach

rusty said:

Who's the fit bird in the white T shirt :p!

My thoughts exactly, chief. :up:Appears to be one of his "family members". In that case, if he's a bit strapped for brass, he'd be better off pimping her out than wasting his time licking stamps and writing shite begging letters. :doah:

I'd give her one! :hubba:

Jack :beer:

Archived