New or used battery for laptop / 2 wks INet ??

tilac

Hi there,

I will be in BKK / PTY arriving this weekend for app. 14 days !

I am posting two questions here:

1. I have a Dell Latitude laptop with me, but battery is not working anymore. Any recommendations on where to buy a new or used battery, somewhere in Pantip Plaza ??

2. I want to have a dail-up account with a Thai ISP during my stay, what's the best deal in terms of price/quality ratio ?

Want to use it in BKK and Pattaya !

Waiting for your helpful replies.

Thanks from tilac

DELL is not a very common brand in Thailand, unless the battery is interchangable with other manufacturers' laptops, you may have hard time finding it.

Internet access - go to 7-11 and get a prepaid (50 hours, 100hours) card. There will be a number to call and your password on it.

For 2 weeks stay I don't think it's of great importance which provider you go with.

Permanently I am with Inet and they are ok. Not sure if their cards are on sale at 7-11, they were before.

When using it in your room only, may be you can work without any? Imo, Panthip might be the best chance though. There are also discounted ISP-accounts available (usually 20% from printed price). But as said before, prices are low and shopping around might not be worth the effort.

Archived