A Night Out--Odd Events at NEP

poorjudge

A couple notes on last night.

NEP was very odd, and not a lot of fun (don't say "I told you so" ::). Arrived about 10:30 and headed to the top floor, as is my wont. On my way up the escalator I saw that Mandarin (or "Mandarim"", as one sign says) and Silver Dragon were closed and the police present. Reaching the top floor, I found that every bar on the floor was closed and, you guessed it, the police present. Sobbing uncontrollably, I went down the staircase past Erotica, which was also closed and featuring police, and finally fetched up stunned on the first flight of stairs (near Cat House, which was open) wondering what to do with myself. At that moment, a couple Thai guys in a big hurry grabbed the nearby fire extinguisher and speeded off toward Mandarin, from whence I could see smoke emanating. Although this was exciting, it wasn't what I came for, so I headed to the ground floor, where everything was open.

Please note my single-minded pursuit of mindless entertainment, and my near-complete incuriousness regarding the police and the fire.

As usual, I ended up in Rainbow II and, as usual, was disappointed, although there were many more cuties than the last time I was there. There were also about a thousand guys, an apparent spillover from the closed bars.

Not enough fun, so off to Pretty Lady, which was plenty of fun, and not packed. Some good dancers, and you don't have to sit on the lap of some Japanese guy to get a seat, what's not to like?

Later, I checked out Rainbow on my way out and recoiled in non-amusement. Does anyone else think the Rainbows have gone downhill?

Off to Cowboy, but that's another story for another time.

I remain,

A Poor Judge of Character

I re-visited Rainbow (downstairs) a couple of weeks ago; and it is kind of creepy when there are not many customers. The little table things does'nt contribute to give a feeling of coziness. I didn't stick around.

From only one other experience there a few years ago I remember taking a leak in their horrible small dirty cramped toilet with that creep that watches your every move in there and hawk for a tip: yeeew! And I also then barfined a beautiful lady who was really friendly and eager to go with me, and transformed into a real dud in the sack. It happens; sometimes you can see the signs, sometimes you get fooled...

Rainbow III second floor--a new bar for me on this trip--I found to be waif heaven. They could rename this bar "The Anorexic". I barfined one of the smaller models and she was a very fine lady in all regards.

Uncle Joe

I am not in bkk right now but called my gf on this particular night and she said the police were there for drugs. She said numerous girls from her bar were hauled away. Her bar is on the top floor. She said they were open again today (27th). The police keep these inspections going, there may have to be a new crop of girls brought in. :hubba:

Troy

Archived