Sin City to Fun City!!

Hello members I'd like to think you for all of the valuable information that you've given myself and other newbies who read this board but may not post. After reading through the posts in this section I still need a little advice. I'm flying out to Bangkok for the first time in November. I'm departing from Las Vegas, NV, USA and I'll be staying for 2 weeks. Now I've been to a couple of sites like expedia.com, orbitz.com, tsm, nova, and others that have been mentioned in previous threads and the lowest price I can find is $797. Is that a good rate? Should I get it now or do the prices drop in August and/or September?

Thank you in advance,

MrT

MrT

Welcome to the board, I a newbie also making my first trip to the LOS Sept, 13th. If that price is out of Las Vegas IMHO you are not going to beat that price. I look at air out of LAX because I had a chance to leave from there (I'm flying from Houston) and the best price I found was $699. My flight from Houston on Northwest is about the same price as yours. You know the airlines the fare could go down (or up) tommorrow.

Good luck,

LeoTex

PS since you have been reading the board for awhile the prices for fun in the night (or days) are alot better than outside or inside the city limits of Las Vagas

[ July 27, 2001: Message edited by: LeoTex ]

I almost always fly Eva Air out of Houston. Economy Deluxe about 900USD. Not really full business class, but comfortable. Recently flew business class on United, had a lot of f/f miles, great comfort.

Seems like a good deal, but check Eva through a travel agent, they code share w/Continental. IMHO worth the xtra $$$$.

I'll be in Pattaya Nov 2 thru Jan 3 golfing, golfing, golfing. Stay in touch.

MrT, you can usually get a better rate from a travel agent that deals with consolidator tickets than you can with dealing with the airline directly. This isn't always true, but is true about 90% of the time.

There are several travel agents in California that deal with consolidator tickets, I don't happen to know any off hand. I use a consolidator in the Chicago area called Vantage Travel They can give you quotes from anywhere in the USA but it is best to call them, they aren't real good about answering their email.

By the way, consolidator tickets usually earn frequent flyer miles just like regualy tickets, be sure to chech with the travel agent

quote:

Originally posted by greedisgood:

I almost always fly Eva Air out of Houston. Economy Deluxe about 900USD. Not really full business class, but comfortable. Recently flew business class on United, had a lot of f/f miles, great comfort.

Seems like a good deal, but check Eva through a travel agent, they code share w/Continental. IMHO worth the xtra $$$$.

I'll be in Pattaya Nov 2 thru Jan 3 golfing, golfing, golfing. Stay in touch.

Greed,

What is the name/number of the travel agent you are using to get the economy deluxe at that price?

I have been told that I need to find an agent that specializes in Asia travel to get EVA economy deluxe tix! I tried a regular travel agent here in Florida, and they didn't even know about that class of tix.

Plan to use EVA when me and a friend go back NEXT September! (...only a bit over 13 months left to go now!) Went Korean Air economy last time, and found the service somewhat lacking...

I think I'm almost going to HAVE to fly economy deluxe as my friend is like 6'3 and 350lbs! He would be hating life in a standard coach seat! (I'm no tiny guy either at 5'10 250lbs!)

Anyhow, any help would be appreciated!

-=/NN

Hi Mr T

I am a fellow Las vegan. I am going to LOS for the first time in late Oct. I have a ticket on EVA deluxe coach for $860 from LAX. I could have gotten plain coach for about $690. This does not include the flight to LAX, but that can be done for about $70.

I saved $40 by going to America Asia travel over at 4255 Spring mountain. I went to another travel agent, and she wanted to chage me the airline price of $880 plus a $20 fee. I dealt with Iris Zhang, very pleasant. Good Luck

Archived