The Bill TV Show - Tony Stamp.

carew66

AFAIK - the first episode was a pilot called 'Woodentop' (it'll be on the link). That was pretty good. Then it became a series and at one hour a week it was very good indeed. When it went to a 30 min spot twice a week and then an hour every other day it started to get desperate. I stopped watching it around about 1990 when it started to look like a teenage soap opera with uniforms.

As for Shakespeare - he didn't have a clue. He did make good fishing reels though.

NOTHING is as good as the mighty Coronation Street! (Eastenders tries too hard although Shane Ritchie as Alfie Moon is showing the other so-called thesps how to actually act).

Ah - The Street.

I remember Minnie Caldwell (and her cat, Bobby), Ena Sharples and Martha Longhurst when they used to chill out in the snug of the Rovers...

When Emily Bishop was plain Emily Nugent (and copped off with a Spanish waiter in the Street's 1976 excursion) - of course, then she had to go and marry Boring Ernie Bishop, who then got quite interesting when he was shot in a raid on Baldwin's Casuals.

Mike Baldwin when he first came to the Street? He opened a shop called (I think) Western Front, possibly in Rosamund Street. He employed Gail Tyldesley (though she hadn't married Brian back then) and Cheryl something or other.

WHY OH WHY is no mention ever made about The Yard? This was Len Fairclough and Ray Langton's workplace (even after Ray married Deirdre but before he went off to Holland). Then it became Evil Alan's base for his burglar alarm business - this was around about the time he was plotting to kill Rita.

These days you never hear anything about the Yard. Presumably Rita still has the lease on it.

Right - I'm off down the Red Rec to play footy and help Spider Nugent (nephew of the aforementioned Emily and all round good guy Eco-warrior - well until he left Weatherfield for India and then returned to open a juice bar in Battersea. I think Toyah Battersby ended up joining him in London on that venture).

Curly Watts, Stan and Hilda, Eddie (who married Marian and moved to Oswaldtwistle), Norris, Derek and Mavis, Sally and 'the guuurrrls' "Come on Sophie and Rosie - yer beans on toast are ready", all 3 incarnations of Tracy Barlow - previously Langton of course as she was Ray's daughter but Ken Barlow married Deirdre and adopted her. This was before they split up and Deirdre ended up with that Richard Hillman fella that got her locked up in prison for fraud.

...dragged away for injection and a nice sit down in the day room to watch Kilroy and Tricia....

Archived