Trip to the countryside

Hunnia

quote:

Originally posted by thalenoi:

Hunnia,

Above advice probably worthwhile. I don't know the cost of this. Renting a car with driver, feeding & lodging the guy underway....

I am "Cheap Chary" and did severall trips with bg using public transportation (train for long distance, bus for town to town, songteaw for village trips, even motor bikes on dirt roads and taxis in Bangkok)

As for the bg's they enjoyed getting away from the scene and visiting their own country seeing places they only heard about. One trip I did BKK- Udon- Nong Khai- Chiang Khang- Phu Kradung- Khorat, an other one to Had Yai- Songhkla- Nakhon Sri Thammarat- Surat- Chumpon- Prachuap- Hua HIn.

[ July 28, 2001: Message edited by: thalenoi ]

So you went to Phu Kradung with your bg? She had no complaints to climb the mountain?

I was there a couple of years back in december on my own. When I arrived at the park entrance on a bike I was asked if I wanted female companionship on the hike. I declined much to my regret later when I found out that the temperature at night on the plateau was 5 degree C. Another good reason to bring a girl.

quote:

Originally posted by Pescator:

So you went to Phu Kradung with your bg? She had no complaints to climb the mountain?

I was there a couple of years back in december on my own. When I arrived at the park entrance on a bike I was asked if I wanted female companionship on the hike. I declined much to my regret later when I found out that the temperature at night on the plateau was 5 degree C. Another good reason to bring a girl.

Not only did she complain, she still reminds me "next time you go Phu Kradung you go without me!". She also hates the sun (she is not alone here) and does her utmost best to walk in the shadow.

And yes, it was a very cold warm night....

Archived