An alternative location for HM The Kings birthday

danish30

Hi,

Gf and I went to Suan Luang a couple of times this week. A place I have always liked to visit to get away form the usual busy Bangkok, especially good for a walk now that the cool weather has hit Bangkok.

They are getting ready to celebrate the Kings brithday there as well. The last 3 previous years we went to the area around the Grand Palace, but I think usually it gets too crowded and too much traffic to get there and back.

At Suan Luang they now have a market inside, worth a look, with plenty of food available, a very nice water show, small morlam concerts daily and various other entertainments.

This is definately the place I want to go this year. They have extended the usual opening hours so the park is open until 8 or 9 pm. Maybe longer Friday. The newly installed market and entertainment will remain until dec. 10.

How to get there, ask a taxi to take you there, they will know. The main entrance is on Srinakarin Road, a soi between Seacon Square and Seri Center. If you want exact directions you are welcome to PM me.

BTW: entrance is 10 baht.

Best regards,

Danish30

Archived