Finding You'ze guys.

dddave

I was in Bangkok in middle November for 3 days prior to heading up-country for a month. I hit Gullivers and Cathouse but felt a little reluctant to wander from table to table asking fellows intent on their Carlsbergs and conversations whether they happened to be Nanaplazerers. What is the best way to meet some of you "regulars"? I will try to be around for the convention and hope to have a chance then.

dddave

I can understand your problem Dave but, come the convention period it will, of course, be much easier to find those people who want to be found.

It's easy to spot the London/Melbourne/Brisbane mob. It looks like a travelling roadshow version of 'Deliverance'. I never go anywhere without my banjo.

Don't forget to check the board when you're in Bangkok. There will be entries made just to keep everything jiggling along nicely.

(PS: The banjo thing was a joke right? It's actually a ukelele; much smaller and lookslike a small guitar).

I'm easy to find at any of the regular venues. I'm the almost bald guy, talking too much and wearing something with Nana on his shirt. :)

In Cathouse just ask Mamasan for Canada Frank. I'm never shy about who I am.

See you there soon.

Get your ass up to Soi 7 beergarden mid-afternoonish, partner. :up: Scan the dump for a stout man face down on the bar, clad in Stoke City (away) 80s top and puce corduroy "hipster" loons :clown: unconsciously whistling a Sophie Ellis-Bextor number out of his flatulent arsehole. :o

If suspect not immediately obvious, ask any of the "conscious" solicitous wenches :hubba: hovering nearby to point you in the direction of "Big Bartab Man". ::

Hey ? if you're "in the chair", I'll see you there. :beer:

jack :drunk:

It's easy to spot the London/Melbourne/Brisbane mob. It looks like a travelling roadshow version of 'Deliverance'. I never go anywhere without my banjo.

LOL ! Thanks, Carew - after a tough week, I really needed a laugh ! Man, I screwed up royally by not electing to go to BKK this year - of all bloody years - but thems the breaks. Need the few remaining brain cells that I do have for whatever remains of my career after going to the staff Xmas party and telling a few of my co-workers just how highly I valued their opinions. Ah well, 2 weeks and its all behind me until next year ::

Jack;

Thanks, but Beergarden dangerous place. Got 2 steps in the door and the well documented "Beergarden girl longtime memory syndrome" hit. Two voices simultaniously yelling "Dabid" and I, a 2&1/2 rotation salkow back out the door.

How do you prefer your head to be gripped whilst I am attempting to introduce myself? I do want to be correct.

Just what is "puce" anyway?

Sure is quiet up here in Issan.

dddave

dddave said:

Jack... Just what is "puce" anyway?

Dddave,

That's an interesting question. :) Puce is a dark purple-brown hue, similar to that of one's "slack stool" the morning after 9 pints of Guinness and a large doner kebab (extra chilli sauce on that one, mate :up:). Not all Bangkok tailors stock puce corduroy, and many will try to palm you off with "plum" or maroon, :nono: so be very careful and always ask to check the cloth itself (and not just a colur chart :nono:) before you place your order. The good news, dddave, is that the very charming Ali Baba's tailor in the MBK, 5th floor, keep a puce roll aside just for my orders (usually at least a couple of pairs of "high-waister" 32" flares per year, side "fag box" hip pockets optional). ::

Mr Ali's there every day seated outside his store front drinking tea with a nip of whisky in it :drunk: whilst ogling, :hubba: winking and whistling at passing females of any age of race non-stop from 10AM-7PM. :bow: He'll be pleased to assist you ? tell him "Mad Jack" sent you, and he'll gladly stick 20% extra "service tax" on your bill while you're not looking. ;)

jack :beer:

Archived