NFL Fantasy Playoff Picture!!!!

itsmedave

Here we are at the last week of the season and there's still so much to still be decided. A very interesting year indeed, with lots of surprise fantasy studs and enough injuries to keep the preseason favorites scratching for their wins.

Even the last place teams have something to play for. Congrats to Klong Scum who finally broke through last week to nab their first victory!!! Now they face the Yankee's (also at 1-12) where the winner stays out of the back of the bus.

But who is in the drivers seat??? There are still 4 teams in the running for the top spot...although it will take a lot of God's will to move the Bulls to the top spot. The first tiebrake in this league is total points scored and they are more than 100 points behind the three other teams in contention.

First and second spot can be crucial because one of my pre-season picks...the Canadans have rebounded from a tough mid season slump (with the return of Marshall Faulk) and look to be a dangerous first round opponent.

The Barfines (that's me) and the Freelancers both stand on top at 10-3 and both face playoff teams sitting with 8-5 records. Also, our total point differential is a miniscual 5 points, so anything could happen here. Should we both fall, the Soapys (one game behind) could sneak into the number 1 position as they play an easier opponent. (no offense, TB...just looking at the record) It's a tough climb though, because they would also have to outscore both the Barfines and the Freelancers by more than 30 points.

There is also a battle remaining for the last playoff spot. (see how fun this 8 team playoff format is!!!) The Legends have the advantage of one extra win than the team from Pasadena but only a 1 (count 'em 1!!!) point advantage on the scoreboard. Both have tough opponents, but a win by the Staplers coupled with a loss by the Legends could see the Boston team going back home to cry with the Red Sox over what might have been.

If things stay as they are these will be the first round playoff matchups:

#1 Bangkok Barfines vs #8 Boston Legends

#2 Soi 7 Freelancers vs #7 Canadans All Stars

#3 Ratchada Soapys vs #6 Tullsters Terrors

#4 Bangkok Bulls vs #5 Chiang Mai Ladyboys

And let's not forget that the Bulls have Michael Vick returning at just the right time to make a difference!

Good luck to all in this last week and throughout the playoffs. It's been a fun, strange, and sometimes surprisingly nasty year, but I hope you all have had as much fun as I have through it.

I'll do this all again next year and I hope you will join me.

Next report...next week!

Archived