GP update

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>> That's a good point, have they done anything about that yet? It certainly stopped me using GP. <<

Simply book an apartment facing away from the birds. I have the windows open all the time and I hardly notice them. When I checked in, I first had a room towards the birds and things were definitely different (pretty noisy in the morning).

Peter1964,

Update on E.Mail to Mr. Sid. He quoted me 9240baht per week for a Topaz Suite. This is the same rate I had a quotation for from Ms Kwan when TSM reduction and service charge were all factored in. He is however including ABF in the price and no Credit Card surcharge. I am quite satisfied with this and have made a booking. I think GP is in a great location, and I am happy to be staying there again. There is no problem in Tower 3 with the squawking birds.

Your information and advise is much appreciated. :)

>> Peter, that's good in theory but when you arrive in BKK tired from the long journey and you are given a room overlooking the birds and ask to change only to be told they are full all is not well. <<

Hmmm, I think if you request a room facing away from the birds and they confirm it, this should usually work. I didn't request a room facing away and though they were cooperative and tried to solve the problem (btw., I heard the birds but with a closed window no problem to get a long sleep). Things can happen everywhere, but in the worst case there are still many other alternatives around.

naughtyboy said:

Peter1964,

Update on E.Mail to Mr. Sid. He quoted me 9240baht per week for a Topaz Suite. This is the same rate I had a quotation for from Ms Kwan when TSM reduction and service charge were all factored in. He is however including ABF in the price and no Credit Card surcharge. I am quite satisfied with this and have made a booking. I think GP is in a great location, and I am happy to be staying there again. There is no problem in Tower 3 with the squawking birds.

Your information and advise is much appreciated. :)

Did you mention any web-board reduction ?

Did you give him your CC number ?

I think the price is quite good...

Best Regards

Shark

Shark,

The rate he quoted is the same as the rate with 20% TSM reduction and includes 10% service charge. What bugged me about this rate is that it is over 20% more than the 7600 baht per week I paid last February. I pointed this out to him and suggested he include ABF in the price. He agreed to this and on that basis I was happy to book with them.

He also confirmed no surcharge for CC payment. All he required was the dates. There was no request for CC number although I have done this with them in the past. My bank has a system which enables me to give a dummy number which is good for 1 transaction only.

I like GP, terrific location near all the action, and am happy to be staying there again. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived