Thai Cooking coarse in Chiang Mai

Last week i made a Thai Cooking Coarse in Chiang Mai. One can find there a lot of cooking advertising all along the Moon Muang Rd. (That is the area where most of the tourist life takes place.) I chose the coarse that was offered in the Viking Bar, Moon Muang Rd, Soi 9. And i have to admit, it was excellent! Outstanding! The addresse of this coarse: "Classic Home Cooking, vannee@poppymail.com; 01-6710231; (6653) 806392.

We were a group of five peoples that day.

In the morning, we went to the market, buying the ingrediences, and i learned already there a lot. Then during the hole day, everybody cooked individually his chosen meals, of coarse under the guidence of two cooking teachers.

We had two or three times an "eating fiesta" of our self cooked meals, and what we could not eat, we could take home. Everybody of us got a receipt book with about 70 meals. That all for 600B per day. It is absolutely worth the money.

I am vegetarian, and they fully took this into account and taught me all the alternatives to fish paste, fish sauce (which is in allmost every thai meal), meats and fish. Luckily, one of the teachers was a vegetarian too. True vegetarians seems to be rare in Thailand.

Archived