PTY: Danish millionaire found strangled in condo

http://www.thaivisa.com/index.php?514&backPID=10&tt_news=652

Danish millionaire found strangled in condo

Head covered with plastic bag with a phone charger cable around his neck.

PATTAYA: Pattaya police have found the body of another foreigner at "9 Karat Condominium", Banglamung, Pattaya.

At the condominium, the body of Danish citizen Magnus Lindt Lund, 53, was found on his condo sofa covered with big red and yellow blankets and his head covered with a plastic bag with a phone charger cable around his neck.

When Pattaya police found him he had been dead for at least 24 hours.

His neighbour, Miss Rungradee Pannak, 35, said to Thai Newspaper Komchadleuk that the the Danish man was a close friend of her foreign husband. He had been living there over a year and normally left the keys with her when he was away.

?He was disappeared since yesterday. I knocked the door but no one answer. Today I tried again and still no one opened the door, so I opened the room with the spare keys and found him dead?.

The body has been sent to Bangkok for investigation. The police don't think he was murdered, because there is no evidence of fighting at all and the man was a quite big man. There was no evidence of drugs or drug abuse, only some antibiotics were found in his apartment.

The police say that it could be a suicide because he had heart health problems.

The Danish man had several business interests in Thailand according to the news paper, a few restaurants in Bangkok and a loan business in the Thai capital.

This is the third strange case of dead foreigners at the "9 Karat Condo" in Pattaya this year.

Hi!

I have just read the article and it does indeed mention that he was involved in child abuse. However it is just mentioned in the begining and the whole article is speculations about his loan business. Could this be a case of Scandinavian newspapers assuming that any man going to Pattaya is a child molester. Swedish newspapers would hardly refrain from writing about it especially if the had any real knowledge on the subject. I doubt if Danish newspapers are much different from Swedish ones.

regards

ALHOLK

Hi Alholk,

you may be correct about the child abuse accusation. This danish newpaper Ekstrabladet is Denmarks biggest pimp - a very big part of its income comes from sex ads. But still loves to accuse others for crimes - even pimping :devil: - in the editorial pages.

At least the loan shark part seems to be verified. They found his records from that "business" in his apartment, but some of the pages had been removed!

elef

Archived