Skywards + Royal Orchid = United???

I am a member of both frequent flyer programms "Skywards" (Emirates & Srilankan) and "Roayl Orchid Plus" (Thai Airways, Star Alliance). Miles from both programms can be spent with United Airlines as they are a partner airline of both.

BUT I don't have enough miles on my "Skywards" account to claim a reward from United (I've got only 15.000 miles) and I am not indending to fly with one of the "Skywards" airlines in the near future. I've got plenty of miles on my "Royal Orchid" account.

Is there a way do use my "Skywards" miles and fill them up with some Star Alliance miles in order to have enough miles for claiming a reward from United? I'm not a member of the United Airlines frequent flyer program. Any ideas? crazy.gif" border="0

Caveman--

Unless I've not read something recent.. YTou really can't combine balances from one account with another to make an award... there are limited exceptions on some carriers (same family for example).. but as a general rule, you can't combine program balances together to make an award...

I'm also a 1K United flyer and have some small balances with other carriers (BA,LH,SR) but not enough to claim an award from the specific airline...

My best advice is to see if you can get some non-flyer miles (credit cards, long distance phone bill, groceries, etc) that you can add to your account thus giving you the minimum required balance to make an award.

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived