Difficulty in getting a room on Samet

PSILVERS here...

A friend of mine in Bangkok had to postpone his trip back to the US and stay (No, I don't feel sorry for him - lucky bastard). Anyway, he wants to bring his family (wife, 2 kids) to Samet. But, he can not find any rooms available from December 26 - January 4.

Do you of any places he can check? I am not familiar with that area and don't have anything to help him.

Thanks.

PSILVERS

Hi psilvers,

I assume you mean he cannot find any available rooms on the net, right?

There are plenty of places on Samet that do not have a website. But they are mainly of the more "modest" kind. Given the fact that he will be coming with his family he probably won`t go for that. Add to that he will be coming during the high season which will most likely be very busy, he could face a problem if he just turned up although the touts at the pier could possibly help him out.

I would recommend him to contact a local travelling agency to see what they can suggest. They may have more sources available. That is if he hasn`t done so already.

I used to have a couple of phone numbers to resorts not on the web, but cannot seem to find them right now.

If I can dig them out I shall get back to you.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived