British passport

colonel Kurtz

I did mine recently, 5 working days and more than 3000 baht (can't quite recall how much). No problems as long as you have the old passport but it is very crowded so allow two visits of two hours each (the bastards made me queue in the visa queue outside BTW even when I went to collect it). Don't forget photos. Forms available on-line (do google search for British Embassy Thailand) or fill them in at the embassy as there is plenty of time to while away - the queue numbers are in the little corrider before the main room (I walked right past the machine).

You then have to take old and new passport down to immigration to have the visa transferred - I was quite shocked to find that this was free! Nice enough immigration staff who weren't phased by a passport full of Thai tourist visas and no work permits - even made some suggestions about retirement visa in a few years time. Took about twenty minutes in all but could be quicker if you don't have a visa extension to transfer (extra office to visit!).

As long as both passport and visas are genuine (the immigration staff did check the whole lot) should be easy enough

Archived