BKK to Pattaya

Hi!

Airport limo or slightly cheaper metered taxi. If you don't have heaps of luggage you could also try the coaches that depart three times a day to Pattaya.

Moving down the scale you could also take a taxi to to the northern bus station at Mor Chit and then a regular a/c bus to Pattaya.

regards

ALHOLK

This summer, I booked a round trip from Bangkok to Pattaya using the Nana Hotel travel service. I was picked up at my hotel in a mini van, taken to the suburbs of BKK, transferred to a larger bus, 2 hours to Pattaya, dropped off at my hotel. Ditto for the return trip. Both the mini and regualar bus had A/C. Cost me 500 Baht and I was quite satisfied.

JG

quote:

Originally posted by Mad Medic:

What is the best way of getting to Pattaya, without being a cheap charlie.

Minimum of Air Con etc......

You didn't mention from where in BKK!!?!?

Most convenient: Just hail a cab and find on e that will take you to pattaya. Bargain to 1000-1200B, though you can pay less if you really try (but then you'd be being a cheap charlie!). Door to service.

Cheaper but not that inconvenien IMO: Get Taxi to Morchit bus terminal from the airport, or Ekkamai from central BKK. 2hr+ 90B bus ride. Songtao to your final destination. Total price ~300B.

Worldwaker wrote:

"Cheaper but not that inconvenien IMO: Get Taxi to Morchit bus terminal from the airport, or Ekkamai from central BKK. 2hr+ 90B bus ride. Songtao to your final destination. Total price ~300B."

Don't think you can get a taxi from Airport to Ekkamai bus station for 200 baht (with meter), certainly not daytime. (rather 300)

You could also take Airport bus 3 (AB3) to Ekkamai (around 15 minutes waittime, then gets to domestic terminal, can cost you an extra 30 minutes, depends if you are in a hurry or not, takes the expressway then Sukhumvit to Ekkamai intersection. You need to cross the intersection to get at the bus station. 100 bath + 90 for bus bkk-pat + songteaw to hotel (don't know actual price 30-50 baht?)

Thai Airways run a bus service to Pattaya for 200 baht(?) at 09.00, 12.00 and 17.00 (check hours on their website) They stop at different hotels in Pat.

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: thalenoi ]

From the airport get the Public Taxi service for 1,000 Baht + tollway charges (125) + airport charge (50).

Alternatively get the Thai Airways limousine for 1,500 baht + tollway charges (95).

If you're going from central BKK ask the Thai Airways counter for a business card and if they pick up at hotels, cost etc.

If you go in to BKK by taxi ask the taxi driver if he'll take you, some will some won't.

Phone a taxi service 611 6499 is a number I have but haven't used them for years now so don't know if they still exist or if the 'phone number has changed.

Last year the limo driver I hired from the airport to Nana hotel had offered to take me to Pattaya for like 800-900bt (somewhere in there). He didn't use the official company "limo" (read old beat up Volvo), he brought his own car. Worked out well, he was a friendly guy but a bit pushy about wanting to drive me places that I already had pre-arranged transportation for!

-=/NN

Archived