BBQ at The Captain's Table, Pattaya -- fabulous

Stopped in with Mrs. KhMarried at the Captain's Table restaurant in Pattaya, lured by the sign out front that said "Texas Style BBQ, all you can eat, 295 baht."

I was skeptical but let me tell you that this is absolutely the finest eating deal I have ever encountered in Thailand, by a wide margin.

It's set up buffet style, with veggies, potatoes, breads, sauces, and a nice variety of (raw) meats and seafood. You pick the meat and other stuff you want and go sit down. They grill the raw stuff you chose and bring it to your table.

There was nothing skimpy or phony about it. The meats/seafood (several different selections of beef, pork, chicken, prawns, squid, etc) was of good quality and it was very well stocked. The grilling was done skillfully too and the side dishes and sauces were properly cooked and well-chosen.

The surroundings are quite nice too, it's a garden-like under-awning outdoor setting. Even decent service from the dek-serves.

All in all, a very, very positive experience and one which will be repeated every time I am in Pattaya from now on.

I have no affiliation with that place other than being a satisfied customer.

Glad you liked it. I have different memories.

Grounded at the Residence Gardens next door by a serious case of the squirts, I ventured out to the nearby safety of the Captain's Table.

Between dashes to the dunny, I recall a chap on a nearby table flaunting his newly acquired Lord of the Ladyboys straight from the cabaret. Hooters like horns, he entertained the crowd until the Mother of all Storms sent us scrambling to the safety of the foyer. We eventually returned for Round Two and in between trots to the can I remember basic food with little atmosphere.

Can't argue with the price, though. I'll try it again next time around under hopefully better circumstances. :D

Archived