travel in the north

btm1735

does anybody have any information about getting a jeep and English speaking driver in the Chiang Mai area. There are many things that I want to see in the north and I don't want to be on some tour guides schedule but travel at my own pace. I have seen tour companies that offer car and English speaking driver for 2000 baht a day plus gas. Can anybody suggest other options? Thanks.

btm:

find a bargirl from the area ( while you are in BKK) that you hit it off with that comes from the area, Take her with you as guide/negoatior/companion.

( seriously)

You will probably luck out and have a great time.

quote:

Originally posted by pasathai:

btm:

find a bargirl from the area ( while you are in BKK) that you hit it off with that comes from the area, Take her with you as guide/negoatior/companion.

( seriously)

You will probably luck out and have a great time.

You still will need to rent a jeep, drive yourself, a lot more fun. Don't forget the BG (seriousely)

"You still will need to rent a jeep, drive yourself, a lot more fun. Don't forget the BG

(seriousely) "

Well, I don't know about the jeep ( 4wd) having that capibility, I would probably get myself stuck.

One of those mini trucks with a good thai dirver ( owner, so he would have a good reason to dirve with a little common sense) would probably get me any where of interest.

getting off the main road/trail could get you into trouble. ( you may find out where someone is growing "weed" and not be too welcome)

(maybe 2 bar girl/guides would be better)

Also, I any notice the mosquitoes seem to prefer us to thais?

Archived