NFL Fantasy...Thanks for the Memories...

itsmedave

It's been another exciting year full of surprises!

First, congrats to the Legends for making it happen when it counted. You beat mne in the first week of the playoffs fair and square (damn you Peyton Manning!!!) My silver lining is that I was number 1 throughout the regular season...and I did prognosticate correctly that the Canadans and Legends would be right there at the end.

Indeed, the top four seeds ALL lost to the bottom four in the first round and it came down to seeds 7 and 8 vying for the championship. But, that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Thank you all for playing. Living in Thailand, where we're stuck with the lame games usually chosen for Thailand, this fantasy league has made the football season much more bearable (though I do still miss Kojac's weekly pool)

Agreed that Yahoo was a step down from last years NFL.com, but there are many (including me) who are unable or unwilling to pay. Maybe next year we'll find a better system. However, I DO like playing against a single opponent each week as it really builds the exictment as you have specific players to root for and against.

Hope you'll all join me again next year when the Barfines will (finally) take the crown.

Love to all and Happy New Year!!!

(and happy wedding to me on Friday...we should be fine unless that damn Manning shows up)

P.S. Nfl.com now has a free fantasy game through the NFL playoffs. It's a different system, and hopefully the games should now be interesting on their own...but it is something to consider

Thanks for making it happen, Dave, and all the best to you and your bride-to-be.

I hope all the big guns will be back next year, despite some of the animosity on the yahoo message board. I know bada, the Lady Boys, and a few others are already itching for next year to begin. But for now let's enjoy the real playoffs, and hopefully another Pats Super Bowl! :neener:

As for the Legends final 4 game unbeaten run, it again proves just how impt running backs and QBs are to the game. Week after week, they can give you big points.

Regards,

froggo

Archived