Ansett Airline/Air NZ Collapse twist for Thailand

In an unprecedented move initiated by Mr John Howard , Prime Minister of Australia, new and frank negotiations will soon commence to end the bitterness between these countries over the recent Air NZ and Ansett airline collapse.

Both Politician leaders have agreed to nominate impartial and experienced negotiators to settle this detiorating feud.

Little Johnny Howard has nominated Mad Medic a well travelled and experienced negotiator on behalf of Oz and Helen Clarke has nominated Stickman, whose international negotiating skills are recognised world wide.

Mrs Clarke said " Stickman is the ideal person for this sensitive meeting, he has published works to all 4 corners of the world, has many international connections and to be frank , has more popularity than me at the moment. He is well know to many Australians and has street credibility"

Mr Howard , said of Mad Medic, " his ability to listen, take in all the argument, assess all issues, and then crunch a deal for the short or long term will allow him to provide Australians with a detailed and comprehensive report of the situation.

The discussions will be held on neutral territory and already as a sign of good faith, Mad Medic has offered to meet Stickman in Thailand.

Thai authorities have agreed to this extraordinary request and have nominated the Blue Bar B Que bar in Soi 33 as the venue. Nominated dates and times include Wed 17th October or Thursday 18th Oct at 1930 hrs. Stickman is to confirm with Mad Medic on these.

"Both parties has previously attended this venue on seperate occasions and are familiar with its surrounds and soothing environment for sensitive negotiations and should not feel threatened by its location. " said United Nations moderator Kuhn Sanuk.

Further acts of goodwill from Mad Medic include the offer of many beers and some ham and cheese sandwiches filled to the edges.

News updates will apppear asap for the travelling public.

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Mad Medic ]

Unprecedented Interest In Administrators Decision !!!

Well having received a positive reply to the above proposal, Mad Medic, has already initiated an agenda item which is likely to create a huge interest in the ongoing Air NZ / Ansett saga as the crisis begins to strand the travelling public.

The following is being proposed to assist all Air NZ and Ansett Frequent Flyer Members and other Star Alliance members.

Administrators for the Ansett group have today met with Mad Medic and his proposal includes the following recommendation:

That Ansett Administrators consider the purchase of Bacarra Bar in Soi Cowboy In Bangkok

The bars name would be changed to "Star Alliance Bar" to reflect the group name of Ansett and its Air NZ alliance

Frequent Flyer members of Star Alliance would be able to use online facilities within the bar to transfer FF Points to the Chief Purser ( formerly known as Mamasam ) for the following services:

5,000 FF Points for Bar Fine

10,000 FF Points for Short Time with 1 lady drink if ST room used on site

20,000 FF Points for Long Time and 2 complimentary lady drinks

Members of Ansett Golden Wing Club, Air NZ Club, can use the upstairs private members bar as per normal customs. Online facilities will include, Stickman's Guide to BKK, Nanaplaza, Nanapong,

Upgrade Certificates can be utilised for 2 or more personalised services.

Repeat visits back to the Star Alliance Bar will also allow for an increase in flight tier status for all FF Members.

All the Ladies in the Star Alliance Bar , will have a name change to "Hostie" and will wear Flight steward uniforms, previously worn by the female Ansett Stewards. ID numbers based on the number of FF services they provide will be allowed on their uniforms.

They will be instructed to introduce themselves to all FF members with the following:

"Im your hostie for the night, would you like to join our 10 M High Club upstairs"

To assist with seating allocation, the administrators have agreed to introduce a first in first served basis, similar to "Virgin Airlines", but the administrators still have some concerns over "Virgins" marketing practices in Bangkok, with only Platinum members allowed preferential seating with their Hostie for the night at this stage.

Other issues that need to be addressed in this take over include:

Catering

Asoke 23 Catering has been recommended for the food and beverages should Star Alliance members wish to have a meal on site. It is anticipated that a few bugs may occur with this catering transition initially.

Non Aligned FF Travellers

It is expected that some infiltration from some freelancing Qantas stewards looking for some previous Bacarra staff may also occur, and these freelancers should be directed immediately to the "One World" Casanova Bar in Nana, where many of them have previously worked, on their lay overs.

Internet and On Line Bookings

On line booking and e ticketing for Hosties will be available later as the initial feeling from the administrators is that all seats will be snapped up and the Issan Air Stewards Training Course will not be able to cope with the influx of hostie vacancies as peak season begins to occur in Bangkok. However the demise of Buffalo Airways, a provincial airline in Thailand which was based in Clinton Plaza, Bangkok , may allow, some recognition of prior learning to fast track some Hosties.

[ September 26, 2001: Message edited by: Mad Medic ]

Well, I think that is a better solution than what they've come up with so far.

I would like to ask Stickman in that case to ensure that any deals would guarantee the retention of current airpoints held by Air NZ travelelrs. In my past year's escapades to LOS, I have clocked up enough points to do at least one or two freebies to BKK, and I'd hate to think I'd lose them if both Ansett and Air NZ would go belly up. Go for it, Stick! Just think of the interest of the Thai entertaiment industry if The deal could get me back to LOS again. Have soem mercy on the girls, and the many other NZ punters like me.

Great humour post.

Had a guy in my taxi in Wellington, who works for Air NZ and told me to join SIA scheme and transfer all my air NZ points to that scheme.

Does anyone know if you can belong to Air NZ star alliance plan as well as belong to the Thai Scheme and earn points for the same flights on both schemes.

Can't get business class upgrades on Thai with the Air NZ scheme.

Archived