Jintara new years eve

thai3

Got a taxi on my own to someplace about 150 klm NW of Bkk not far from Angton. Although had the wat name and the Amphur name written down it seemed a complete mystery to khun Khit the driver who kept looking at the name, laughing and shaking his head. Although waved through a police road check after an hour mr Khit decides to reverse back to ask directions, luckily they were not on the lookout for a bribe and took what seemed like ages giving Khit detailed directions. A few hundred yards up the road however Khit is asking me if it's left or straight on! It was about this time I realised what was wrong with his taxi-no headlights. After stopping twice more for directions I start to think Khit is the village idiot and doubt we will ever find the place. We did find it in the end but only as it was smack bang on the main road.

One of the strangest concerts I have been to as there were almost no Issan folks in the crowd and there was nobody dancing, no drunks and no fighting.Proper chairs even which we took straight to the front, Khit seemed a bit reluctant but I hadn't come all this way to sit half a mile from the stage.

This concert was the usual, far better than the one near saraburi and it had all the clowns and some good singers I had not seen before. The crowd were very subdued, even at 12 nothing happened but they did let off fireworks. Nobody cheered, said sawadee pii may, danced or clapped they just sat there. I asked Jintara why there was no dancing which was a mistake beacuse she told me to dance so I had to get up and make an idiot of myself, but it made her laugh. The best concert for taking photo's I have been to, a nice way to bring in the new year.Khit loved the concert and was so happy driving back he was speeding down the road clapping his hands, still no lights.

I did nine concerts in two weeks, not bad going, but most exciting was meeting Sunarlee Rachesima.-peter

Hi

Wish i hadn''t read this ::

Brings the concert we saw a few weeks ago all back ....have the photo as screen saver at home and work :D

Sounds like the trip up was worth it in the end.

My wife tells me Sunarlee was big some time back..but not so much now.

Went to USA for a concert at some point...now divorced and lives with her two sons.

Still waiting on the cd you told me about...having trouble getting it....wifes sisiter is in BKK for a week and hope she can find a copy.

Jintara is my #1 :up:

Yes the wife is right about Sunaree. Her two new CD's on the small metro label are some of the best songs she has done for a long time though.

If you cannot get to see Jintara this new singer called Noi is great and has a similar sound. She does Jintara numbers on stage with all the moves and looks, very good singer.Plus she wears short skirts and boots! When I gave her my CD to sign she put her mobile number on it, I wish they all did that-peter

Archived