Children's dept at Central Chitlom

limbo

During my last visit to BKK, I went to Central Chitlom to look for some things for our littl'un.

There's an amazing selection of the widest range of products available for kiddos.

I purchased a Snugli (what's in a name), a backpack where you can your baby in and drive around on the motorbike. Very convenient for me and made the wife very happy, since she doesn't have to carry miss jr in her arms anymore.

Highly recommandeable, Central Chitlom for baby related shopping.

Anybody else other ideas or good experiences at different places?

>Anybody else other ideas or good experiences at different places?

Central Chidlom - that's probably the same variety as at the Emporium.

Nice things, I did not know (babies will never know) that there were so many things available.

However, a good stroller - 31K baht (with a removable capsule for cars and carry around).

I haven't taken a look at this yet, bought most stuff from other places and gifts from relatives, but, I will say that everyone I have talked too recommend this as the best place in Bangkok for children shopping!!!!!

Apparently a lot of the expat mums are pissed there is no Toys R Us in Thailand ..... ::

SB.

PS You may see me more in here ....

Hi Sanukboot,

You're moe than welcome.

I suggest have a browse through some of our previous discussions here, maybe you find something of interest.

And for Toys'r'Us, seems there's a opening in the market.

It seems however that most games and toys for toddlers better come from overseas, due to quality and practical use levels.

• 4 weeks later...

>Anybody else other ideas or good experiences at different places?

Not in BKK, in Tokyo, but the concept might be of interest to new parents.

I saw a special bed for babies, from new born to 4 yrs old. It ressembles a stroller but has no handle for pushing.

Can be adjusted for several different heights, turns into a chair with table, goes upt to the hight of family dining table.

Can also swing forth and back (has an electromotor, 4 speeds). Has pockets and places for accessories.

Providing it really replaces a fixed bed, I can see it as a very good thing. A sleeping baby can be wheeled closer to it's mother for supervision without being waken up, it folds, it's mobile - can be taken anywhere.

Price: 30K baht.

Would veterans say it's worth buying? At least, it can swing the baby for hours without getting tired.

Archived