Affordable flights in december

Lusty

Is there anywhere on line where reasonable flights in late december can be found(out of the Uk).Some of the prices I have looked at from my normal sources are stupid.I cant go on the standby route as I have to be back in the UK by Jan 4th.I did find a site where you bid for your flight and they try to find you one at your set price or below.Has anyone tried this?

quote:

Originally posted by rusty:

Is there anywhere on line where reasonable flights in late december can be found(out of the Uk).Some of the prices I have looked at from my normal sources are stupid.I cant go on the standby route as I have to be back in the UK by Jan 4th.I did find a site where you bid for your flight and they try to find you one at your set price or below.Has anyone tried this?

Rusty,

I haven't tried the ones where you bid for the ticket but my impression is you have to accept whatever you are offered. This could be some crap airline like Aeroflop or/and you can be looking at long delays by stopping in transit.

To get your price down you should avoid travelling at the weekends. There is usually a heavy surcharge for flying on Sat/Sun. This is the case with Thai Airways. Also, you may find there is a surcharge flying over the Xmas period although I haven't checked that one out.

What sort of price for a ticket do you think is reasonable?

[ October 06, 2001: Message edited by: Ultraviolet ]

Hi Rusty ,

I'm in a similar situation to yourself, I'm looking to depart around the 11th Dec till the 4th of Jan. I have been quoted around £900.

However I have been told that you can get some good last minute deals and with the airlines suffering reduced demand at the moment think that this could be the best option.

I desperately want to be in LOS but a £1000 on a ticket , no way, I'll wait a month and have an extra week.

Rusty

Sorry to pi..s on your parade but I tried for two weeks to get a reasonable ticket price for December. Best I could find with availabilty was £1200.00. Settled for going out early January for £425 with Emirates.

Dont see any signs of airlines reducing prices more the opposite.

Chris

Me too, normally pay about £600 at xmas with thai, but the dates I want are full. The cheapest I have seen on the web sites is for Emirates at around £700.I expect swiss going belly up has filled a lot of seats on other airlines.I intend to check out package tours, trouble is they often charge high single surcharge.-peter

quote:

Originally posted by rusty:

Is there anywhere on line where reasonable flights in late december can be found(out of the Uk).Some of the prices I have looked at from my normal sources are stupid.?

Archived