Air Courier?

tonychang

Would have thought it could be a nice line of work (from what I have heard), I should think UPSer will have a few bits to add.

Actually glad you mentioned the good old courier subsidised air tickets, the companies I used to use in the UK all seem to have disappeared or relocated.

Any ideas how to search for these companies now, tried google and others but all I get back is links to all of these membership based clubs who sell you the information on where to obtain courier tickets... ::

Used to do medical trials back in the mid '80's at the West Mid Hospital, Isleworth. They were allegedly paracetemol tests. Quite good payers for the time and given my financial situation then (student). However, a word of caution. A few years later received a letter to say that one of the "paracetemol" tests was for something which had since been shown to be carcinogenic in lab rats. Of course I haven't suffered any side effects apart from developing a third eye in the middle of my forehead, a tail, purple testicles and an embarassing need to swear all the time, fuck, shit, arse, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
bangkokbutcher said:

Would have thought it could be a nice line of work (from what I have heard), I should think UPSer will have a few bits to add.

Actually glad you mentioned the good old courier subsidised air tickets, the companies I used to use in the UK all seem to have disappeared or relocated.

Any ideas how to search for these companies now, tried google and others but all I get back is links to all of these membership based clubs who sell you the information on where to obtain courier tickets... ::

Which companies did you use before?

There was 1 that I used to use, actually based in the Heathrow area, the name (for now) escapes me, but I know that the last time I tried to contact them, their number was no longer valid.

I also tried 192 and had no joy.

Hopefully the name will come back to me and I will let you know.

Tell you what though, the prices used to be great, I think of the 4 times I used them I never paid more than £210gbp.

All I had to do was carry a couple of bits of paperwork and give them to the fella in bkk who would meet me at the airport with my name held up high :o...

Archived