Hotel in BKK or Pattaya with "Adult" Features??

Raven

I had a girl in the room once that was convinced our activities were being filmed by this alleged hidden camera. She wouldn't come out from under the covers. I finally gave up trying to convince her that there weren't any hidden cameras and kicked her out.

This story sounds like an urban legend to me (probably started by a jealous competitor), as I can't imagine a sucessful hotel doing such a thing. I remember hearing the same unfounded rumors about Eden Club before too.

Ranger

I have seen numerous threads on whether Penthouse has hidden cameras or not - mainly due to the suspicion that there are 2-way mirrors in the rooms. I also thought that it may be an 'urban legend' but a friend of mine has recently been shown the actual video monitor by the manager.

It all came about by the manager teasing my mate about an older woman who had visited his room. My mate assured him that she was just a good friend (see was) rather than one of the bargirls he normally took to his room - but the manager persisted saying he knew what he had been up to and showed him the video monitor and switched between the cameras in different rooms. My friend, who quite often stayed at the Penthouse and knew the manager quite well, walked out and has never stayed there again. Although he had n't heard the rumours about the 2-way mirrors he did reckon that the camera angles DID tie up with being in the general position of the mirror in his room.

There is no evidence that any videos exist of the cameras but you may want to make your own assumptions. :onfire:

Wiseone,

I guess until I see a "Ranger Does Pattaya" VCD for sale on the streets, I'll continue to stay at the Penthouse. I will ask the manager about it next time, as I know him as well.

I still can't imagine they would have hidden cameras in the room. Maybe the outer hallways for security, but not in the room and certainly not over the beds.

Ranger

I still can't imagine they would have hidden cameras in the room. Maybe the outer hallways for security, but not in the room and certainly not over the beds

Seeing is believing... there are definetly cameras looking into the rooms - probably through the 2-way mirrors.

Check the mirrors for yourself as 2-way mirrors are relatively easy to identify.

I'm sure if you get the right approach then the manager WILL show you the video monitor... but he is unlikely to admit it outright if asked directly. He only showed my mate, who was a regular, because of my friends insistence that he was n't shagging a particular regular visitor to his room.

I have seen place with mirrors and cameras. Cameras are later additions. Mirrors have been around for a long time. They generally are used to monitor the girls. On soi 22, is a massage parlor that has mirrors. Why mirrors are used varies. Some girls charge extra in the room, not good for business. Some girls make extra and forget to tell the business. Some people use the room to take drugs which really is not good for business. There are a lot of reasons why places have mirrors and cameras. I was at one place that had a beautiful suite with double brass doors you had to go into in order to enter. They had cameras. Probably to make sure nobody was ripping off the booze, pictures, books, etc. I saw one place that had cameras and they were used to break the boredom. 3-4 people would sit around the camera guessing what is going to happen next.

• 2 weeks later...

Google'ed "Detect '2 WAY MIRROR'" and came up with this:

(I take no responsibility for the accuracy.... However I will be testing this when I go to the Penthouse Hotel in June...)

-=/NN

---------------------------------------------------

HOW TO DETECT A 2-WAY MIRROR:

When we visit toilets, bathrooms, hotel rooms, changing rooms, etc., how many of you know for sure that the seemingly ordinary mirror hanging on the wall is a real mirror, or actually a 2-way mirror i.e., they can see you, but you can't see them). There have been many cases of people installing 2-way mirrors in female changing rooms or bathroom or bedrooms. It is very difficult to positively identify the surface by just looking at it. So, how do we determine with any amount of certainty what type of mirror we are looking at?

CONDUCT THIS SIMPLE TEST:

Place the tip of your fingernail against the reflective surface and if there is a GAP between your fingernail and the image of the nail, then it is a GENUINE mirror.

However, if your fingernail DIRECTLY TOUCHES the image of your nail, then BEWARE, IT IS A 2-WAY MIRROR!(there is someone seeing you from the other side). So remember, every time you see a mirror, do the "fingernail test."

It doesn't cost you anything. It is simple to do.

The reason there is a gap on a real mirror, is because the silver is on the back of the mirror UNDER the glass. Whereas with a two-way mirror, the silver is on the surface. Keep it in mind! Make sure and check every time you enter in hotel rooms. May be someone is making a film on you.

Archived