questions on transportation from bangkok to pattaya

hornydude

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can tell me how to get to

Pattaya from Bangkok. I read earlier from posts that I can take a bus from a bus station to Pattaya for about $190 baht.

I just want to know how to get to the bus

station and if the bus is air-conditioned.

By the way, anyone from this board ever took

a taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya ? If you did,

for how much you paid ? Thank you very much.

Hornydude

Originally posted by hornydude:

"I wonder if someone can tell me how to get to Pattaya from Bangkok."

Look in the Travel/Transportation section of the Board I am sure you will find all the information you require there.

Fatbastard33

PS In case people are confused by my comment the original posting was in the "General Discussion" section of the Board before being moved.

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: fatbastard33 ]

Hornydude,

Take a look at the thread entitled "best way from Bangkok to Pattaya" in this section. Change your settings to "show messages from last year" and it's on page 6 of the archives. It should have all you need to know.

For those who can't be bothered to search, you need to get the bus from Ekkamai bus station on Sukhumvit. Take the skytrain to the Ekkamai stop (20 baht from Nana area), and the bus station is about 100 yards away, clearly visible from the Skytrain station.

Walk into the bus station and buy your ticket at the first booth on the right, which has PATTAYA written in English above it. Price 90 baht one way.

Keep walking, stop at the first bay on the right, and wait for your bus to come in (every 30 minutes). The bus also has BANGKOK-PATTAYA on the side in English as well as Thai. It's airconditioned, more like a coach than a regular city bus. You can stow bulky luggage in the compartment underneath. Show your ticket to the conductor, take a seat. Journey time about 2 and a half hours.

When you get to the bus station in Pattaya you need to take a songthaew (pickup) to your hotel. 20 baht to South Pattaya from the bus station. State your destination to the driver, but don't expect him to remember to drop you off. When you get onto Beach Road (you can tell it by the beach on the right, LOL!) look at the soi numbers, and when you see the soi you want ring the bell by pressing the buttons located by the roof, and the driver stops. Go round the front, pay him his 20 baht and walk to your hotel. The sois are short, just a couple of hundred yards so no long walk.

That ought to cover about everything, hope it helps. Anything else you need to know just ask, I know the information I got from this board made my first trip to Pattaya a lot easier. Enjoy Pattaya!

Deejay.

quote:

Originally posted by hornydude:

By the way, anyone from this board ever took

a taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya ? If you did,

for how much you paid ? Thank you very much.

Hornydude

From outside the airport (Toyota Corrolla) 1,000 Baht plus tollway fees. By Thai limousine (Mercedes Benz) located inside the airport 1,500 Baht plus tollway fees

DJ1999J said it pretty thoroughly but I would add the following.

The Ekkamai bus station is on the same side of the Sukhumvit as NEP. The sky train station is just past the bus station so get off the train, go downstairs and exit to the back and to your left. Come off the down stair ramp and make a U-turn and walk about 100 feet down the sidewalk and you'll see it.

When you get a seat in the bus, try to avoid the highest seat numbers which will put you in the back. I find those seats uncomfortable because you bounce around a lot. Especially bad if you're prone to motion sickness.

Buses leave every half hour or so from about 7:30AM (est) to about 9PM. Give or take 30 minutes. Same on the return. I think they actually run more on busy weekends.

Archived