UK visitor visa

gregchambers

Have been told by one visa agent in pattaya that visitors visa is easy for them to get, by another that it would be almost impossible. Girl has money in bank and can prove we have stayed together continuously in Bkk for more than six months. Want 2-3 months stay, anyone do this recently. I can prove large cash/income and own house in UK, BTW, and also tax reasons for not staying in the UK for more than three months. Girl has neither property or much family in Thailand which will be the downer. Any comments?

Greg

You have to remeember its what the girl has (money, job) and most importantly 'Reason to Return', how rich or comfortable you are is not taken into consideration. A Visitor Visa is not a Sponsor Visa (as in marriage visa, where you have to prove House, money etc).

I know girls who have applied and been successful and many who have been rejected for 'No Reason to Return'.

Its a very simple process so don't bother with an Agent, who cannot guarantee anything.

Check the British Embassy Website for upto date info and costs, which use to be very reasonable for this type of visa. But remember its your TGF making the application not you.

Good Luck

Ckrisg is right about better doing it yourself than using an agent.

Give them a letter also saying that you take full responsibility for her welfare during her time in UK and will not be a burden on public funds and should she have any medical problems and that you will bear any costs of treatment. And get medical insurance just in case!

No reason to return might just be a problem though.

Where are you based?

If you are in Thailand with a property in your name, company name or a long lease, and especially if you have a job or a business then it is easier than you might think, as you can show that you are also coming back to Thailand long term.

If you are based in the UK (as you appear not to be) then it is nigh on impossible.

If you are based in a third country and have documents to show that, business, property etc, I cant say for sure it might be OK. It could be worth a try.

Dont use an agent.

Why dont you apply as if it were a holiday for say 2 weeks, coinciding with a friends wedding or similar back in the UK. There you have your purpose and also plan to travel out and back together and then once your in UK, change your return date of travel. Visa is good for 6 months stay. Also helps if you have some reasons to return as well.

Biggest problem is potential employment questions particulary if she has worked in a bar and is living in Pattaya - BIG no no as far as British embassy are concerned. One idiot I knew also stated that his GF was not averse to sleeping with guys for money to ensure her kids were well fed and clothed..... You can imagine the reaction from the embassy which clearly states in the application form, any kind of prostitution is immediate grounds for visa refusal.

Thanks for the info, my reason for going back to the UK is house has become empty after tenants leave and I will have letter from UK accountant stating I can only stay for three months max due to tax reasons. Have the prior employment covered.

Yes, I thought about trying for two weeks and staying a lot longer as a one-off enterprise but thought that they now had six week visas to cover such chicanery.

Archived