SIA vs EVA ED

LACutter

I didn't quite get what I was looking for in my last post. Can anyone compare Singapore's coach seats to Eva's Deluxe seats, the ones that are "purportedly" business class seats w/coach service. Does SIA coach seats have a foot rest and are they the narrow seats like on US carriers domestic flights?

I just flew EVA Evergreen Deluxe from SFO-BKK and was quite impressed. The food was mediocre, but I was able to sleep comfortably having room to stretch my legs. I have only flown SIA coach from BKK-SIN, and thought they had the best coach service and seats of any airline I had ever flown. The seats were not quite as narrow as the US carriers "sardine cans", but my knees still hit the seat in front of me. Don't remember what kind of footrests they had.

I will fly EVA Evergreen Deluxe for all my overseas flights from now on. I never thought it was worth paying the price difference for business class, but it's well worth a couple hundred bucks more for Evergreen Deluxe.

Ranger

If you use EVA, be sure to get on their ff programme. After a few Rt to asia you get the levle of ff card that gets you into their lounge, Its very nice, always decent snaks, coffee, private phone booths, ect, and makes the break between flights go quickly.

( also, you can board the plane with the business/first classl ppl, and go to their check in counter and avoid the "masses")

Using mileage for upgarades can save some $$ also.

they used to give out stuff ( cd player, ect) for mileage, but stopped. too bad, sometimes the "goodies" were better than upgrades. maybe they will start it agin.

I got upgraded to their business class a few times, and IMHO, although nice, not worth it if you had to pay. The economy delux is fine, especially if you can sleep.

Lets hope they keep up the good work.

quote:

Originally posted by Ranger:

I just flew EVA Evergreen Deluxe from SFO-BKK and was quite impressed. The food was mediocre, but I was able to sleep comfortably having room to stretch my legs. I have only flown SIA coach from BKK-SIN, and thought they had the best coach service and seats of any airline I had ever flown. The seats were not quite as narrow as the US carriers "sardine cans", but my knees still hit the seat in front of me. Don't remember what kind of footrests they had.

I will fly EVA Evergreen Deluxe for all my overseas flights from now on. I never thought it was worth paying the price difference for business class, but it's well worth a couple hundred bucks more for Evergreen Deluxe.

Ranger

Ranger,

I'm interested in EVA ED on my next trip. Do you purchase your tix thru the web or thru a travel agent? If a TA, did they get you a good price and can you give me their name? Do you think they'll have a problem issuing tix from LAX instead of SFO?

Thanx

PhordPhan

smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by PhordPhan:

Ranger,

I'm interested in EVA ED on my next trip. Do you purchase your tix thru the web or thru a travel agent? If a TA, did they get you a good price and can you give me their name? Do you think they'll have a problem issuing tix from LAX instead of SFO?

Thanx

PhordPhan

smile.gif" border="0

I bought my ticket in BKK for 32,000B, probably costs a bit more in the US. Actually, EVA cancelled my TPE-SFO flight and I ended up flying into LAX instead and changed my connection flight into SLC so I could arrive as planned.

Ranger

• 2 weeks later...

Vegas Dave--

I sense that your opinion is very similar to alot of fellow travelers.. Eva is a good airline for the money (little) paid, but it is NOT a Singapore Airlines by any stretch of the imagination.. However, neither are Eva ticket prices like Singapore Airs'...

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

I flew EVA ED I cant compare to SIA, but I thought the extra money was well worth it. At 6'3" it made a big differnce. The food was so so, but the service was very good. Unfortunately I got very ill on the plane. I had a chance to spend about 4 hours in the bathrooms. Do not eat anything at LAX. The crew was very helpfull and sympathetic to my situation. Good luck

Archived