Thai Domestic Fare Hike

No chance of the masses cancelling in NZ. Even no chance of me extending by one day in Los as I called by my travel agent to extend from Feb 01 until Feb 02 but they are all full so im at least on standby. Tried to change somebodys else flights in December and they are all full too. Problem from New Zealand, TG is the only carrier to thailand unless you go via another asian country. I thought I could bank on scared travellers cancelling their xmas hols in Phuket.

And the bad news - Thai/Air NZ together have charged me an extra $NZD160.00 since booked for War Tax. Got to love them....

Mart-UK,

SABENA did not fly to BKK, but Swissair does. (Swissair had 49.5% of SABENA shares) Two friends are booked Brussels-Zurich-BKK on Swissair early december. They are somewhat worried. Crossair took over the flights BRU-ZUR, I hope it will work out for them.

PS: a new website was opened last night for ex-SABENA personnel: www.sabeniens.com, it's a bulletin board type thing

Hey just booked chiang mia to Pukket and Pukket to BKK I saved some money for sure, but the truth is its still a great deal. And in line with what everyone else pays for about the same distance. I pay about $75 to $100 to go from Vegas to LA, and now it is going to be about $70 to go from Bkk to Chaing Mai. The lower price was $52 so ok it is $18 but it is still a competitive price on a world wide basis. In my humble opinion there are certain things that more or less fixed it terms of what they cost anywhere in the world. And although there I am basicly a cheap guy I am willing to pay for certain things. I will bargin for an hours to save 50 baht, on somethings, but I will also pay the going rate for others.All part of the global economy thing eh. A cup of starbuck is pretty much a buck where ever you go. LOL

Originally posted by Blackie:

"Does anyone know what the new fare will be for CM-BKK-CM?

It's presently 3850B for a 90 day rtn."

I've seen the new fare table and if I remember correctly it's 4,300 Baht return. Bkk - Phuket is around 5,300 Baht, up from 4,600 Baht. According to that fare table, contrary to what the Bangkok Post said flights as the one from Chiang Mai to Mai Hong Son are not up by 765 Baht; the entire fare CM - MHS is 765 Baht.

To save a few thousand Baht, I rushed today to buy a few biz class tickets (valid 1 year) on the BKK - Chiang Mai and Bkk - Phuket sectors.

[ November 14, 2001: Message edited by: Scum_Baggio ]

Archived