Thumbs up for the Eden Hotel, Pattaya

SingaporeSteve

I have sold my house and in typical Thai style, the new one is not yet ready :(

So I have had to move into a hotel/apartment for a month. After traipsing around the streets of Pattaya and finding many places full, crap or too expensive, I settled on a months stay at the Eden Hotel.

Hopefully this will be of interest to those of you heading down towards Pattaya - its not very often that I stay in Pattaya hotels (at least ones with sheets and blankets) and these are my observations:

Its located in a wierd soi called Soi 17 and is located between South Pattaya and Theparsit Road. Its a 20 baht motorbike to second road (by Soi Diamond). Personally I wanted somewhere slightly out of the main drag so that I could actually sleep at night and not be kept awake by karaoke/motorbikes/etc etc. This location is great for that.

Must have about 60 rooms and is owned by a scotsman and his Thai wife. Very amiable and always walking around making sure that your happy with everything - even stranger for a Scotsman he has even bought a few beers :D

The rooms are very large and spotlessly clean and fully tiled (I hate smelly carpet in Thai hotels) with nice bathrooms and decent showers. Aircon is good but perhaps a little bit noisy but fully controllable with a remote. Has a sofa, stocked fridge, TV, cable etc as well as a King size bed. Every room is internet enabled via the phone switchboard at 10 baht a local call and i am getting 45,000 speed which is great.

No bar fines and a very accomodating team of front desk girlies who are used to butterflys and coming and goings (see why later). Maid service is fine.

Hotel has a very nice pool and large sunbathing area with a pool bar and restaurant. Food is very good, but not particularly cheap. American breakfast with Bacon, sauages (English), eggs, coffee, Juice is 140 baht. Food served all day and up to midnight which is very handy for late night munchies.

Adjacent ot the hotel but in a seperate building is the Harley Bar with about 20 hostesses of varying looks (ranging from couple of 8's down to some 4's IMHO). Seemingly there is a good local butterfly business going on here as they have an underground car park for the local residents who dont want to be spotted in the company of someone other than their annointed Thai beloved. With the hotel just next door, Im sure you can imagine some of the additional options available even for non residents. You can charge everything to your room and Chang comes in at 50 baht small bottle, Heineken, carslberg, Kloster etc at 70 baht. Have 2 pool tables of which one is very good American style and the other is an old snooker table.

I have been here for a week and so far am very impressed. Nothing flashy but for a sanukers holiday in Pattaya, this is a nice option particularly with the adjacent bar which is popular with local residents. These guys are a mine of information on bars and gogo's - many of which I had not even heard of, despite living here for a couple of years ::

Rooms are about 800-900 baht a night all in so its not the cheapest by any means but you sure wont have any problems here. Monthly rates come in at about 18000 baht again all in with electric, water, housekeeping etc.

They have a website at www.edenhotel.net

Cheers

yup this sounds exactly like my kind of place ;)

only 1 question remains unanswered? availability?

is it possible to walk in in high season & get a room with a high chance perhaps...

I mean before all NP's decide to call it their new home away from areca lodge!

actually I doubt it'll ever grow too popular as it seems it's a fair distance from the action located outside 3rd rd & south pty rd a bit towards jomtien I guess...

again thanks for resurfacing this 'gem' :)

ib13 said:

yup this sounds exactly like my kind of place ;)

only 1 question remains unanswered? availability?

is it possible to walk in in high season & get a room with a high chance perhaps...

I mean before all NP's decide to call it their new home away from areca lodge!

actually I doubt it'll ever grow too popular as it seems it's a fair distance from the action located outside 3rd rd & south pty rd a bit towards jomtien I guess...

again thanks for resurfacing this 'gem' :)

Availability - Good question. When I came by, they had one room left, literally for that night. It is not easy in peak season to apparently just walk up and get a room. Seemingly 80% of guests have stayed here before, which I guess is a good sign !!!

In terms of location, its straight down Soi 17 from second road, over 3rd road and about another 400m - certainly not walking distance, but an easy motrobike ride as their is a rank outisde the hotel :) Its actually very easy for transport, just a little bit out of the way but not really a problem if you like to sleep at night (after the gymnastics of course ::)

Cheers

Archived