What to give your GF for maka buka day(16feb?)

chilli13

LHL,

I'm still not convinced!

"Magha Puja - falls on the full moon of the third lunar month (February). It was on this day that 1,250 enlightened monks converged to pay respect to the Lord Buddha without any prior appointment. The day is celebrated in a similar fashion to Visakha Puja day."

buddhanet

elef said:

LHL,

I'm still not convinced!

"Magha Puja - falls on the full moon of the third lunar month (February). It was on this day that 1,250 enlightened monks converged to pay respect to the Lord Buddha without any prior appointment. The day is celebrated in a similar fashion to Visakha Puja day."

buddhanet

how does the 3rd lunar month fall in FEB????

from the British Chamber of commerce site ....... MARCH 5th

see link http://members.bccthai.com/asp/general.asp?MenuItemID=109&SponsorID=3

LHL,

the old thai lunar year. ::

But I finally found a thai official website giving the answer - The Thai Embassy in Sweden - march 5th!

web page

I'll change the post in the board Calendar!

I've to go to the book shop in Pattaya where I paid 20 baht for my calendar which gives wrong date. Actually TGF and her family has the same calendar and they went to temple febr 5th!

elef

OK, but no one has said anything yet about the gifts? ceremonies? rituals? traditions?

:banghead:

mabe we just order a special pizza with happy buddha day on it. :dunno:

Where is our resident Wat master??? Quit hiding P999? make that big one significant here. :neener:

There is nothing to give. Temples will have a special ceremony early morning, perhaps some start at night. The monks will be most likely the ones who will celebrate that day. Other Thai's, will go shopping or watch TV or talk on the cell to eachother for ages. It will be a long weekend and it will be the first weekend after pay day, so beware of the traffic.

Cheers,

Archived