UK visa easy?

gregchambers

Much to my surprise got Thai girfriend visa on first attempt (no second visa interview) though she was questioned for about fifteen minutes. Could prove we had been together for more than six months and had some references for her from past straight employment plus all my financial stuff from the UK. Also able to prove that I needed to come back to Thailand pronto though I do not work here and only have consequtive tourist visas. Asked for 2-3 weeks visitors visa. BTW they have reduced the time for a second interview from a ridiculous two months to about two weeks, though settlement visas are still two months of waiting.

Did note on the visa form that in the office section there is a box for a police check so the embassy may have some kind of link to the Thai police computer which in turn will have info on girls who have been working in the bar as they have to register them now - but this will also show up at the Thai passport office so if she can get a passport she is prob okay!

• 3 months later...

congrats. I think if there is a genuine case things can go quite well. My GF and I wnated to go to UK for Christmas. On the day we applied we noticed that the next lot of interviews were going to be too late for us to travel.

However no interviwe needed. We got a 6 month visa on the same day we applied. The whole thing to about 6 hours start to finish.

Archived