Visitors Visa for Aus - 6 month - easy peasey.

Redbaron

Just a quickie guys.

This morning Miss Red, accompanied by my good self, did the dreaded embassy visit again, this time applying for a 6 month visa.

Unlike last time, we arrived bright and early, and after discounting most of the information we had with us as unnecessary, she got the stamp.

She's been down under before (about 6 months ago with me), and I feel as a result of her following the visor conditions last time, all they wanted to see this time was the forms and the fee.

All up - 20 minutes, in and out. Easy peasey.

:up:

Just a sidenote... beware of WHAT THE ACTUAL FEE IS at the Embassy, at any time. Last week, according to their website, it was 1850B, cashiers cheque only - NO CASH, or other payments accepted.

Imagine our delight when we promptly arrived with our 1850B C.cheque only to be told, it's now 2000B.

Frustrating, as they could have said come back tomorrow. I notice now, there's no price on their website (other than the AUD price), in the past it's always been advertiseed there.

Might be a good idea to call next time.

Actually I think I did wear my Red shirt, and I haven't had a hair cut for years. Apart from Miss Red's sexy aunt giving me a slight trim back in April, 2003.

She's glad it's not so cold this time down under. As usual, she's on the first of 41 DVD's now.

Cheers

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On my experience I wouldn't again assume that because you abided by the visa conditions on a previous visit you do not need all the paperwork. I just did a visa for my 2 year old daughter, she has been to OZ 4 times previously. For financial support I printed out my OZ Bank statement from the internet. They wouldn't accept that (it was showing PLENTY of Cash) I had to run back home and get my Thai bank book.

They wouldn't even consider a Multiple entry visa, even tho my daughter has a Grandmother living in OZ and is entitled by birthright to a OZ passport.

I can't figure these jerk offs out, it used to be a user freindly embassy, anything but now. Even the prick on the gate didn't want to store my crash helmet and certainly wouldn't let me take it in, I was ready to store it up his arse until he backed down and took it.

. For financial support I printed out my OZ Bank statement from the internet. They wouldn't accept that (it was showing PLENTY of Cash) I had to run back home and get my Thai bank book.

No real surprise there, as bank documents printed off the internet aren't generally accepted. Maybe they are easy to fake (I'd assume so).

When Miss Red came down under, I showed my bank accounts too. There wasn't much in them though, although they confirmed I was in steady employment.

From what I can gather, we were successful because we were super organised. We had everything they needed to see, and more. I doubt money had much to do with it as I didn't/don't have much.

Archived