K-3 Interviews at the Embassy in BKK

HSTEACH

HST,

My wife went to the embassy on 23 January, I think it was, and got the last available interview slot for 5 April. (Or so she was told.) The embassy is closed for interviews from 6 April until 19 April due to being short of staff during that period. The embassy and consulate are closed for the Chakri Day holiday on 6 April and the Songran holiday 12-14 April, but is open for business other than interviews on the other dates during the 2-week period 5 April through 19 April.

The 2-week period of no interview will not help the backlog situation any, I am sure.

Grabii

HSTEACH said:

Anyone know if the embassy still has a backlog on interviews for K-3s? The last time I looked, interviews were being scheduled 2-3 months down the road. Damn long time. Jeff?

Thanks!! I was just trying to establish some type of timeline (if that's possible with the USCIS) so I could do a little advance planning. I'm probably looking at mid May for the second NOA for the I-129F (K-3) and with two weeks at the National Visa Center, sending the files to BKK and receipt of package 3, she won't be able to ask for an interview until the end of June. Maybe an interview the first part of September. That's a lot of ifs added in there. :)

Filed a K3 on 5/14/03 with BCIS.

NOA from BCIS received 9/26/03

NOA from National Visa Center received 10/14/03

Fiancee received packet from Bangkok Embassy on 11/6/03-called same day for interview-scheduled for 2/06/04

Visa received same day as interview.

An oddity is that the sealed manila envelope she receives will have to be shown at each airport-United agent had to see the packet in Bangkok airport as well as the Delta agent in Tokyo-in addition to her visa. They don't open it-just have to see it.

HST,

I was hoping to be able to fill in a few more dates in the timeline before answering your last post, but the holes remain. Here's what I have for a timeline:

I-129f NOA #1 Notice Date: 10/03/2003

I-129f NOA #2 Notice Date: still waiting

I-129f approved: 12/22/2003

Approval sent from NVC to Bkk: 01/08/2004

Packet #3 sent by consulate: 01/22/2004

Wife submits DS-230 at consulate: 02/02/2004 [contrary to previous post]

Assigned interview date: 04/05/2004

My wife got the last available interview slot on 5 April, or so whe was told, next available date 19 April due to staffing shortages due to the Chakri Day and Songkran holidays.

Grabii

• 6 months later...

Archived