Weather With You!

Torneyboy

i'm disappointed in you Jack.

you are my hero on the old Music we both love and bring up many memories when i read your posts.

but 'Weather With You' was by Crowded House.

one of my all time favourites and i remember it well from the time i took a young 18 y.o Student Nurse with enormous tits to a local pub for a night out.

i wanted her and thought i would impress her by putting the Record on the Jukebox and singing the whole song to her.

not impressed to at all and told me she liked the Hardcore Punk Bands which i had never heard off.

after she let me buy her 7 Pints of Stella i was given the brush-off.

saw Icehouse supporting Bowie in Rotterdam and i enjoyed their set.

sayjann said:

from the time i took a young 18 y.o Student Nurse with enormous tits to a local pub for a night out.

after she let me buy her 7 Pints of Stella i was given the brush-off.

Same same me except she came back to mine, shagged all my mates (not me) whilst highlighting my inadequacies. She then wrote the story down and had it published in the 'Readers Stories' section of Razzle.

<but 'Weather With You' was by Crowded House.>

Did I hear Crowded House? Now you're talking.....

"Now I'm towing my car, there's a hole in the roof

My possessions are causing me suspicion but there's no proof

In the paper today tales of war and of waste

But you turn right over to the T.V. page "

all together now....."Hey now..... :)

I *hate* to breakup this love-in, Chuck, but Crowded House were *not* Australian - they were Kiwis. OK, one or two of the band may have been Aussies (not sure), but everyone I know identifies with Neil Finn's song-writing when the name 'Crowded House' pops up.

Similarly, AC/DC, arguably our most successful export in terms of 'real' rockers (Savage Garden would be eaten alive at an 'AckerDacker' gig...) were transplanted Scotsmen, growing up on the mean streets of Adelaide in South Oz.

Whatever, we happily claim them all as our favourite sons ::

sayjann said:

i'm disappointed in you Jack.

you are my hero on the old Music we both love and bring up many memories when i read your posts.

but 'Weather With You' was by Crowded House.

I know. I was being sarcastic and 10-pints drunk at the same time. They sometimes don't mix well. :(

I'm very disappointed in myself too. Have been for years. :(

Icehouse's "smash" hit was the Roxy Musicesque "Hey Little Girl". Their singer had a daft name: "Ina" or something? :doah:

Cheers,

J :beer:

PS> That singing bird Dido's a corker. You wouldn't catch me saying no. Anyone got her phone number or e-mail address?

Archived