K-3 Interview..Do I Need to be There?

HSTEACH

Is it really necessary for me to be at my wife's K-3 interview? I have been told that now it is almost mandatory I be there so she's not denied her visa. My understanding is that if all the paperwork for the K-3 is in order, there shouldn't be any problems. In a previous life..:), my fiance of several years ago went to her K-1 interview alone and didn't have a problem, so why should I have to be in attendance now? Any experiences?

HST,

My ex-wife also did her K1 interview alone in July 2000, without much problem. My feeling is that not much has changed with respect to the K visas - the Bangkok IV unit is one of the most user-friendly there is and there should be no problem if the applicant is properly prepared with her documentation.

Nevertheless, any visa applicant would be much more comfortable and confident with her fiance or spouse standing at her side, and if something should be missing she might have a better chance of understanding what needs to be done if he is there listening with her.

Grabii

Archived