1-2-Call starter pack

Fatboy

I assume that I will need to buy a new sim card when I get back to Thailand as my old one has expired several months ago. Is there any way of still using my old number? Can I buy a starter pack at Bangkok Airport, either domestic or international terminals. Thanks for your help.

All three networks have a representative at the airport. Don't bother with One2Call unless you are from the USA or are going off the beaten track, ie to some small village up country.

It is nearly twice the price of Dprompt.

Otherwise there is the One2call Freedom Plus promotion with half priced calls.

I would like to share that AIS has much better service in many areas. Parts of BKK, Pattaya and Patong all are best served with www.one-2-call.com

I',m a snooker and I keep my line open and its good until mid 2005

try callcenter@ais.co.th and they will be very helpful and even tell you about your phone line! I don't think thay have overseas top up at the moment. The will (or have) begun to make some internet top up open so all you BF's will call you trying to squeeze a little baht before the other Flang bilking Darling get hold of you.

SoiSlut said:

I would like to share that AIS has much better service in many areas. Parts of BKK, Pattaya and Patong all are best served with www.one-2-call.com

What parts of BKK, Pattaya and Patong would that be?

In Pattaya, friends on One2call would, on more than one occasion have poor service where I had a full high quality signal on Dprompt.

I carry both, sometimes all three networks with me(Yes, three mobile telephones), I have never seen the One2Call network exhibit a stronger signal than Dprompt. In fact, on Chaweng Beach in Samui I couldn't use One2Call from my beach bungalow as the signal was too weak, whereas I had a full signal via Dprompt.

You can send and receive email via SMS on even the most basic mobile telephone via Dprompt.

I maintain that the One2call network reception is not superior to Dprompt in Bangkok and Pattaya and Samui.

One2call users need to feel they are getting superior coverage as they are paying twice as much for the perceived privilege. ;)

Their website isn't up to much either.

Be happy instead.

I tend to agree. The gf has Happy and I have 1-2call. I tried to put a happy SIM in my card and the dealer could not get it to work although he tried for over an hour. The 1-2 call sim fired up right away.

May change it next time I'm back. Well the gf is *Happy* anyway. ::

LaoHuLi said:

I tend to agree. The gf has Happy and I have 1-2call. I tried to put a happy SIM in my card and the dealer could not get it to work although he tried for over an hour. The 1-2 call sim fired up right away.

May change it next time I'm back. Well the gf is *Happy* anyway. ::

Could have been that your mobile was not compatible with the PCN1800 network. This can be the case if you have a North American Tri Band model. In that case you are stuck with One2Call.

Fatboy said:

Thanks for your help. Are these representatives in the International or Domestic Terminals ?

International... Terminal one, I think.

Just ask at the information counter.

If there is an AM/PM shop in the airport, they will only stock One2Call SIMs. They will cost around 800 baht. Calls at 4 to 8 baht per minute. They have a promotion now for 2.5 baht per minute calls, but they halve your airtime.

HappyDprompt, if available at the airport, will cost 500 baht for a SIM card. Calls from 2.5 baht per minute.

valentinoxxx said:

Could have been that your mobile was not compatible with the PCN1800 network. This can be the case if you have a North American Tri Band model. In that case you are stuck with One2Call.

Not sure what the difference would be on an unlocked North American triband 800/1800/1900 Ericson T-200 ....... can you elaborate please ?

Archived